How is the tip test supposed to work? I keep getting "Adjust or try different ear tip"

How is the tip test supposed to work? I keep getting “Adjust or try different ear tip”. I’ve tried the test so many times with several different tips that my ears are starting to hurt. I have a screenshot of the app. Am I supposed to click anything on this screen? Like am I supposed to click the ear tips because that does nothing. I gave up for now and went to try active noise cancelling. I don’t hear any difference from ANC to “normal”. Transparent has a slight hum to it like static from a television. Am I supposed to get the tip test to work to get active noise cancelling to work? I’ve never experiences ANC so is it a myth? I thought ANC was supposed to block out all sound and give you complete quiet and I hear no difference between ANC and “normal”.

The seal test is suppose to help the tips are against each other. If you are hearing no anc then you have no good seal mist likely. You should be able to tell the difference. The ANC should take care of the lower noise. Make sure there is not much noise as that can affect the test.

I keep doing the test in a quiet room. The medium tips are comfortable for me. I’m shoving deep in my ear to get a good seal. I get the same failed test result every time. I’ve also tried wearing the tips resting against my ear canal which is more comfortable for me. I’ve tried large and small and medium+ tips. Nothing changes

2 Likes

Sorry to ask is your ears small or large… I have seen a few ears here be too small or large for the buds.

I gave my brother 2 earbuds and both started to hurt by his ear shape.

If you have eartip from another try those. It may have a different shape and still should fit in case

Not just the size of the ear tips that it’s assessing, but also position of the earbud

If you have exhausted all tip combos, I’d suggest starting to adjust positioning with the mediums.

When you put them in, start with the stems pointing somewhat straight down and slowly rotate them towards your mouth, as you do the test a couple of times.

If you try and meet with success / sadness, please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

As for the anc, I have these and they don’t block 100% of external noise, but do make a big difference in my office setting. Maybe about 65%. The liberty air 2 pros have a lot of anc settings. I find I usually use the indoor setting.

Also, depending on which we setting you are using, there may not be as noticeable difference between. I have mine set to acoustic,

I can toggle between two modes using touch feature on right side.

Lastly… and sorry for the run on… have you updated your firmware for your earbuds? I’m not sure what version Android is on as I’m on iOS. And I’ll edit mine in later today.

Cheers! Oh and welcome to the community :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I agree with @TheSnarkyOne. You have to make sure they are positioned properly. Here’s a video showing how they should be seated.
PS I use the medium (long) tips.

If you scroll down to near the bottom in the FAQ section you can see other videos and tips/answers to questions.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I have so many problems with tips this may help

I agree with this as well. I find that when I have them in, it does not feel like the eartips are jammed in the ear… It just seems to be sitting there. The stem should be pointing toward your mouth and you should be able to shake your head and they should be securely in.

1 Like