iOS Widget not available

I just purchased them Q30 headphones and despite the ‘hint’ on using the widget, I can’t install it. I’m using iOS 14.6 and the latest Soundcore firmware update for today’s date.

The information graphics seem to show directions For the older widgets.

4 Likes

Hmmm I know they had a widget in the past but then it had issues with the color of the writing. Looking quick now I too cannot find the widget for iOS I know it’s easy to add on android. Maybe reach out to support if no one else here has an answer

1 Like

I think there was a thread a couple of weeks ago where the person also said they couldn’t find the Widget on an IPhone. I can confirm it’s there on Android.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

I’ll look for the thread.

1 Like

I found it. Hope it helps, but IIRC there wasn’t a resolution.

Edit: You might have to contact Support to get an answer. Here’s the link:
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks for looking up the threads, Steve976. Yeah, from what I’ve read, looks like I’ll have to contact support.

1 Like

Solution discovered

By reading the thread, I decided to try rebooting my phone (turned it off completely for a few seconds and then turned it back on). This worked!

Good News
By following the guidance of the short animation in the app, I was able to install the Soundcore widget. The widget allows me to change between:

• ANC [transport, indoor, outdoor],
  • transparency, and
  • ‘normal’ (whatever that means).

It also shows a small icon of a battery displaying the energy level of the headphones.

Bad News
The widget is in the old style of iOS widgets and cannot be installed and work the way the new widgets operate. You have to swipe right from the first home page to access the widgets page and then scroll to the widget you want. The newer version of widgets allows you to simply place them on any home screen.

——-
I’ll be contacting support anyway, to find out if there are any plans on improving this.

1 Like