Does anyone know how I can connect to my left and right earpeice at a time?
LIBERTY 2 SERIES RESET AND PAIRING METHOD
- Turn of Bluetooth on your phone
- Delete the Bluetooth profile for the L2P (if you have one)
- Put the buds back in the case- leave lid open
- Hold the button on the back of the case until the LED on the buds turn red
- close the lid for a few seconds
- open the case
- turn on Bluetooth on your device
- wait for “liberty 2 pro” to show up, and click it
- wait a few seconds
- on the screen a pairing request should show up. Confirm it
Now both buds should be connected, and both stereo and mono mode should be working perfectly
Just so everyone knows, feel free to copy and paste this method. It should fix most problems people have with any of the new true wireless earbuds that soundcore released. I expect that this question (or similar ones) will be asked frequently, so I went ahead and wrote a simple to understand and in depth guide on how to do it.
I’ll be using it lol.
“In death guide”?
Can you please post a link to this?! I’m very interested in what you wrote!!!
Also the entire troubleshooting is detailed on the soundcore Liberty Air 2 Page… Sometimes simply browsing to the Product page can help everyone!!!
Putting it here…
How do I pair Liberty Air 2 with a second device?
- Turn off Bluetooth on the current device, the earbuds will enter pairing mode.
- Place the earbuds back into charging case and keep the case open, press and hold the button at the bottom of the case for 3 seconds until the right earbud’s LED flashes white. The earbuds will disconnect from the current device and enter pairing mode.
How do I pair each earbud with a separate device?
- Take the right earbud out of the charging case to pair it with the first device.
- Keep the left earbud in the charging case and the charging case open. Hold the button on the bottom of the charging case for 10 seconds until the LED indicators on the left earbud flash red before breathing white.
- Press and hold the button on the bottom of the charging case for 3 seconds until the left earbud’s light flashes quickly. You can now pair the left side with another device.
How do I reset Liberty Air 2?
Place the earbuds back into the charging case and keep the case open, tap then hold the button at the bottom of the case until both the earbuds’ LED lights flash red 3 times. This will clear the pairing information and the earbuds will restart automatically.
What should I do if the earbuds don’t pair with my device?
- When connecting to a mobile device for the first time, there is a pop-up window for you to confirm pairing. Please select “pair”. If you select “cancel” accidentally, you can still use the earbuds in stereo mode and use the primary earbud in mono mode, but you will not be able to use the secondary earbud in mono mode. If you still want to use both sides in mono mode, you need to delete the bluetooth record in you device and reconnect the earbuds.
- Place the earbuds back into the charging case and close the case. Open the case and the earbuds will automatically power on and pair with each other before connecting to the last paired device.
- If the earbuds are not pairing, please try to reset your earbuds. See “How do I reset Liberty Air 2?”
- Forget the pairing record on your device, turn off the Bluetooth and turn in on again to pair it with your earbuds again.
What should I do if Liberty Air 2 disconnects?
Reset the earbuds. See " How do I reset Liberty Air 2? "
Some environments (such as airports, offices, crowded public spaces etc.) can interfere with your Bluetooth connection. To optimize your Bluetooth connection:
- If you are in a busy place, ensure your phone is on your right side when using Liberty Air 2.
- Download videos and songs instead of streaming.
- If you have an Android phone, temporarily disable unnecessary app traffic settings on your phone.
What should I do if the earbuds do not reconnect to the last paired device automatically?
Put the earbuds into the charging case, close the charging case cover and then open again to see if it triggers a connection. If not, try the tips below:
- Forget the pairing record on your device.
- Reset the earbuds. See “How do I reset Liberty Air 2?”
- Pair as if for the first time then put the earbuds back into the charging case, close it and open it to see if the earbuds reconnect to the last-paired device.
Why is the paired name sometimes Liberty Air 2 and sometimes Liberty Air 2-L?
As the earbuds support Master/Slave switch, both of them can pair to your phone as a master device. When the right earbud is master, the Bluetooth name is Liberty Air 2, when the left earbud is master the Bluetooth name is Liberty Air 2-L.
If you would like to use the left side only, please put the right side in the charging case and close the charging case cover. Select “Liberty Air 2-L” to pair.
I’m going to write a troubleshooting guide of my own soon. Hopefully it will be useful.
This doesn’t work. More than half of the time the red light only flashes on one earbud.