Issues with right side battery

Does anyone else have an issue with the Dots or Life in ear sets where the right one dies in 4 hours and the left one stays on for the full 7 hours? I’ve gone through 4 headsets and every one of them have the same problem.

2 Likes

Depending on the earbuds there are some that pair individually and others that pairs and cast to the other earbud. The rt earbud is usually the main earbud and will end up being shorter than the left.

Although the 3 hour difference does seem a little steep.

So if it is happening across more than one set of units then it’s almost certainly a Bluetooth 4.2 connection.

What phone do you have? If you either have a bt 4.2 or the pairing failed at bt 5.0 and fellback to 4.2, then the first bud out becomes master and forwards the signal to the other bud and so drains nearly twice as fast, so 4h vs 7h perfectly matches that cause.

If your phone is BT 5 then you are pairing wrongly (somehow) if its a bt 4.2 phone (would need to be a very old phone) then nothing can be done and you just need to alternate which bud comes out of the case first to even up the drain.

I have a new 5G Kyocera Duoforce. There’s only one way to pair the headset. Once the phone picks up the headset I give it the permissions and go on. I always have the headset fully charged before I start using them. I only listen to music in them and on the 4th set, the right one still dies in 4 hours tops and the left one goes on for 3 more hours.
I actually believe now that the headset just can’t go the full 7 hours like it is stated and they refuse to give me my money back on false advertising.

There is a wrong way to pair, ignoring the pairing L request. Did you accept the pair L?

This happening across multiple units on a BT 5 phone means YOU are doing something uniquely odd. Hard to know what without looking over your shoulder, but my guess is you are ignoring the L pair request step at the end.

That’s funny you say that because I followed their (Anker/soundcore) instruction sheet to the letter on pairing and whatnot so I’m not the issue. There was only one time the headset wanted to pair both left and right individually but then after it’s headset dying and fully recharging and I guess resetting it paired both and not singly so again there’s something wrong with the headsets

Also when they’re paired individually and singly they don’t go into noise cancellation because they’re not a set

Some units are dud and fail but to have this across 4 units implies you’re doing something uniquely wrong. Extremely hard to know what.

An example of what could be going wrong is you have a BT transmitter which connects to anything nearby when something goes into pairing mode.

I’d just go to another place or hand them to someone else and to try, as whatever you or your location is causing the issue has to be not repeated.

Don’t get frustrated, you’re just going to feel it’s not your fault when something is uniquely odd inside or near you.

Have you actually looked at the instructions? You know the 8th step or Pairing step, last one on the right side before it flips over? It literally says, “Open the charging case, the earbuds will automatically enter the Bluetooth pairing mode. Select “Soundcore Life A2 NC” on your device’s Bluetooth list to continue.” That’s it. No pair with r then pair with l.
It also states in the 11th or flipped over 4th or Reset step. It says, “Reset if the earbuds cannot properly pair with each other or with other devices.”
It is very possible to have continuous bad products when they’re not made properly in the first place or they’re just trying to get good reviews with lying on the box called false advertising.
So you, have no idea what your talking about when continuing to say I am doing something “uniquely” wrong. If I am doing something “uniquely” wrong then it’s something wrong with the instructions and their products or maybe you just like talking without even actually knowing what you’re talking about.

Here is the document for the earbuds that are listed here.

The issue is that @The_Professor is just mentioning how several of the earbuds will work and although he does not have your phone or earbuds but the functionality should be the same.

If the earbuds can play individually, you may get a pairing to the left and rt earbuds if your device can handle that functionality (ie the same BT ). If the device is not able to handle that then it will revert to the pairing to one earbud and the other earbud will get a signal from the paired earbud. (device could have a lower BT ).

As several of us do come to the site, that particular device issue is not one that I remember happening from different threads.

To eliminate the phone as an issue, I would suggest connecting it to another device, Charge up both earbuds to a full charge and test them that way as well.

There can be several factors as well. Playing it very loud, and having the ANC on as well will both drain the battery quicker. So it could be that the 4 hours could be legit as it is piggy backing the signal to the left and it has ANC on.

So you can also try the rt earbud playing by itself to see if the battery life increases with your same scenario but with just the rt earbud in.

Does your pairing offer the L bud after?

Try giving them to someone else and try a different phone.

Such asymmetric load is exactly what you’d expect if the L pairing didn’t happen. If you had one set we’d be thinking may be a bad unit but 4th looks like something else

Also, frustration and venting shuts down half your brain so figure out why, exactly, by a process of elimination, you are the only person saying this. Either 4 sets of bad luck, or you’re different somehow. Logic.

No I don’t have these but they work similarly to ones where we have solved the issue by focusing on exactly these issues of resetting instructions and pairing.

And yes, the manual is not very good. None of them are!

Some folks got success by adding this step:

• delete pairings
  • disable Bluetooth
  • put buds into case and reset. Leave.
  • Android, settings, apps, show system, Bluetooth, force stop, storage, clear cache, reboot
  • pair

Sometimes the fact buds are bt 5 is not picked up by the phone and so gets stuck at 4.2 and the wipe cache trick helps get the phone out of the error.

You should do yourself a favor and get a pair of these headsets then and listen to Spotify the entire time so you can actually see for yourself! It does not offer separate pairings. Which is what I’ve been saying this whole time! This headset has Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation and will only work with that with both paired together. My headset is not like yours so please stop trying to compare.
I have tried all 4 sets on 2 different new 5G phones. The headsets have been reset by myself and again when I called customer support, which you are not. You assume I’m no tech savvy, I have already tried everything you’ve said before coming here. This is the very last step I go to when looking for help. I loath resorting to a forum to deal with people who think they know everything due to the item they have, especially when it’s not even the same thing. I’m also pretty safe to assume, you’re not a therapist to so you can keep those comments to yourself. I’ve had both LIFE and Dot versions.
Do both of us a favor and either get a set for yourself to try or stop talking to me like a newb please!

Listen, I use them while I’m at work cutting grass. If all their products state they last 7 hours play time/35 hours with charging case, then it should last just that. If not then they haven’t actually made a product that can do their stated features and last that long. It’s plain and simple false advertising. The product has one job and it’s failed at it.

Hi, I’d say I’ve had similar on a different set. I’ve done a couple things to see if it’s pairing or something else.

While at work, I usually listen to one at a time, and compare battery life between both doing so.

I don’t listen to much past 30-40% volume. When I do so with my liberty air 2 pros, it seems to be balanced for battery use, around 6.5 hrs for either.

Of course using in single mode, I don’t get advantage of anc, but most times that’s okay for me.

When I check Bluetooth settings, I only see the complete set as availabke to pair. No -L or -R.

I do notice however, that when I wear both at same time, that the right side does go faster to zero than left, but by maybe 30-45 min.

There have been a few threads over the year I’ve been here, mentioning that as an issue for some and that it can be how the earbuds pair with ear other,

Usually the help offered is to reset and re-pair, and then we never really hear back results.

So, thanks for keeping us apprised of what you’ve been trying, with unsuccessful results. That is unfortunate and frustrating, for sure.

Not that this would help, with your work use, but if you did a test on a single bud, same volume level, does the battery life stay consistent between the two… I.e. bother drain down at same rate?

Also, I am wondering if when charging, the right side does really charge to full as fast as the second? Odd, though you’ve been through, what , 4 pairs and this has been similar across all?

I have also used the app to see battery status when I start to use them, and make sure they are full at the start of the day.

Did you fully charge them when you first received?

I don’t think many users here have these particular earbuds, so I appreciate your efforts to help, and sorry it’s been frustrating.

Oh, and of the 4 sets, which model is your most recent source of the issues, if anc, I’d guess at the life dot nc?

I’ll try to get through all the replies and such this week, and see if I can think of anything else.

Cheers.