J. M. Jarre -musical journey to the Amazonia

“Amazonia”
Jaen-Michel Jarre presents a new project inspired by the photographs of the Amazon rainforest, taken by Sebastião Salgado during his expedition.

Jaen-Michel Jarre, staring at these photos, tried to feel the mysterious scenery of the jungle. This is how the unusual soundtrack for the photo exhibition was created.

To make the music even more unusual in the synthesizer parts, J.M. Jarre weaved the sounds of nature: birds singing, the murmur of leaves moved by the wind, drops of falling rain, the conversations and singing of the natives, the sounds of ethnic instruments.

3 Likes

Interesting. Will take a listen. Thanks for the share!

Jean-Michel Jarre had kind of gone off my radar for a good few years. Still love the album Oxygene, especially Pt. 4… and also the Exuinoxe and Revolutions albums.

1 Like

I appreciate the share. I may try to look at but at son college for parent weekend

Thanks for the share. My favourites from JMJ are Oxygene and Zoolook

1 Like

@Craig_Paterson, @VertigoXX
I also like the old albums the most: Oxygene- New Master Recording (especially part II), Equinoxe, Randez-Vous, Magnetic Fields, Zoolok (first track on the album). On later albums, I only like single recordings.

2 Likes

I have several soundscapes recordings that are all similar to these. Meant for nice relaxing listening and introspection…

I’ll have to check out these this weekend, I’m assuming they’d be similar :thinking:

2 Likes