Leaderboard Strangeness - Off Topic?

I don’t see any discussion of this on here, but I was looking at the leaderboard and noticed a couple of strange things.

The first is that the Liberty 2 Pros were the third prize giveaway. A great prize, the strange part is that it is 3rd, below the lower value Life Q20s at 2nd.

And at 25 days into the month, the bottom place on the leaderboard is 90 points. Probably a record for the easiest leaderboard to get onto.

Interesting - this was flagged off topic and automatically hidden. Does anyone who flagged it have suggestions for what topic it should be under?

3 Likes

Signs that Soundcore community is going on same track as Anker Community (hopefully this changes at both communities soon… )

1 Like

90 is pretty low…

90 is low. Hope it’s just for one month.

1 Like

That is pretty low. I wonder why? :thinking:

1 Like

I see the same few soon to get their monthly freebie and one regular gone quiet. No new thread by me to keep to top 3.

The leaderboard should be scrapped as it forces polarisation where only the committed few can win anything, so it produces a big fat “why bother” for the vast majority. I’ve said this before but seems “listening” isn’t actually a Soundcore intent.

I’m not making a thread on this

BBC News - Taylor Hawkins: Foo Fighters’ drummer dies aged 50

2 Likes

There are many wrong things here not only at this leaderboard.

I earned points, never got these thought I was promised.
That’'s disappointing.
Nobody cares about.

That is ones of the reasons, the number of active members is reducing.
Meanwhile there are always the same 3 or 4 who are at the top month by month.
Let them do.

I don’t mind, but many others might be disillusioned.

I stopped all my threads about classical music.
There is no need to create such ones.
Its much easier to do simple cut & paste to earn points.

But these problems are tiny and insignificant.
There are other problems at the moment which are awful and horrible.

3 Likes

Dont think so.
ANKER’s forum :
The fellow who presented himself as “new admin” disappeared very soon.
Now we a alone as before.
So good and quiet! :laughing:

Interesting - this topic was flagged for some reason, and hidden - there are so many other things that get posted just fine.

I did not accept the flag.

It is ok to discuss some thing about the leaderboard but before additional comments get made, I want to state let’s try to leave out comments concerning other members who are participating in the current system. The concern should always be the issue with the current system vs members in that system.

So let’s have friendly conversation and not conflict to each other. :wink:

@Chiquinho, I have sent info to admins about your issue not long ago as you had made mention of it again. I even did some research on the potential notes missing. (I was not sure now if it was notes or missing tickets).

2 Likes

I did that very often, but no success at all.
So I gave it up.
Its not worth to spend more time for those unimportant issues.
There are other problems which should take our attention much more.

I hope those member who are expressing their frank opinion
about this forum will not get banned.

2 Likes

I suggest they remove points for new threads.

It would make it’s easier for the members to use the community:

• specific topics (e.g. Classical music) can be then subscribed or muted to match your interests. Right now most threads are irrelevant to most people and it’s harder to see interesting (to you) topics.
  • allows for deals threads to keep on point, e.g. today’s best LA2P thread so the last post in the thread is best deal. This is better than what happens now of a new thread and then a member has to scroll down to find last deal to see if this new.
  • fewer threads makes search easier which helps support, happier new members.
  • completely removes the copy paste daily new thread to keep on top of leaderboard.

Removing points for new threads is trivial, can a 5 to 0.

I don’t have a view of how prizes are awarded, but prizes not to the same few each month would be more inclusive. I’d like admin to post their ideas and some dialogue. I’m inclined to prefer talent based judged , even if the judges included members who had recently won who are excluded for next competition.

So with this one trivial change you’d get a better community.

2 Likes

Some good suggestions, but these will not be listened to as usual. :smile:
We made such a lot of those in the past, all unsuccessful.
I will not do this anymore.

Hey everyone, I can see your suggestions and comments so I’ll give a small brief update.

Some good suggestions, but these will not be listened to as usual -

Whilst I respect your opinion on this I can’t agree fully on the not listening part, as the team works hard to try and create fun activities to keep the community fun, engaging and inclusive. Now of course we don’t always hit the mark with this and there is always room for improvement, but there are more things and resources to consider other than simply changing core elements of the structure and systems already in place. Let me assure you over the last few months we have been gathering feedback and paying attention to suggestions made by all members. :+1: Moving forward we can try and keep you guys updated more.

@Chiquinho I will push the IT team again to look further into your specific issues around points, and I am sorry if there is still a problem, I was under the impression this had been resolved since it had not been raised, but after seeing your recent comments it’s clearly not fixed, so leave it with me

The leaderboard should be scrapped as it forces polarisation where only the committed few can win anything, so it produces a big fat “why bother” for the vast majority. -

I know it’s been a topic discussed many times, we do hear you, and as soon as we can give a concrete answer on any plans for an update to this leaderboard function we will.

One more important point to add, nobody would ever get banned for expressing their opinion or suggestions, but please do take into account the tone or way things are spoken about as Duane has already mentioned, let’s keep things constructive and moving forward.

Please do message me your suggestions or thoughts, it’s a community and your input is really valued :+1:

4 Likes

This was a joke!
I never supposed that.

Hope there will be made really some improvements regarding the forum.
Its really worth to do, Sean…

3 Likes

I agree and we’re always looking to push forward, and as I mentioned we do appreciate members such as yourself having input :smiley: Have a great week!

3 Likes

@sean.L @Chiquinho @The_Professor @Steve976 @jercox @Duane_Lester
I would like to share some thoughts as well.

1. There are no ideal systems. Current system isn’t ideal but it works and helps to keep community alive.
  2. Removing rewards for posting will kill Community. It will became as an Anker Community where are two threads active and both are oftopic.
  3. A few guys that competing for leadeship work hard to keep Comunity alive.
  4. Current system is pretty good because it combines rewards for daily activities and for “talent”. It’s impossible to reach top positions without extra points from weekly nominations.
  5. Everyone can be active by performing daily actions and participating in all activities and to get freebie as a result. Work hard and you will be rewarded.
  6. The only improvement could be done is to make daily activities counted not in 24 hours after previous activities done (counted) but the next day (independently what time exactly those were done). But it’s just a minor improvement.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

3 Likes

Is anyone suggesting that? My suggestion was only points for new threads.

Why? Everything else left alone would still mean competitions, just fewer won by those who can put in the daily effort for a month.

What killed the Anker community was lack of active community engagement, no prices or competitions. Engagement was high, higher than here, when there were engagement from community manager and admin.

So a redistribution is all that I’m suggesting, everything else kept as is noting a redistribution would remove the why-bother of the many.

Creative idea: do the change I suggest, change points for new threads from 5 to 0 and if community dies then put it back

Don’t agree, I think so long as you come making easy changes with coherent logic then every good idea gets it day, as before timing may have been wrong. e.g. now is quieter on product launches so more bandwidth to do admin type changes.

That was my assumption and why I bother to advocate change rather than why bother.

Another suggestion, other than how is someone a winner is what they win. What is really useful here to bring in new members and have more peer support is having owners of latest products. That helps with “how does it compare to…” and “what do people think of…”. I know there’s prizes for new products but I suggest less use of older products as prices as there’s already many of those owning older products.

Both these suggestions would then mean more people have the latest products for better support.

I mentioned support as community can easily become just a venting place without a broad active members who can reply quickly to more support. Peer support is already pretty good but these ideas possibly may improve further over a year+.

Sent in spirit of a strong community.

1 Like

It seems like some think putting in the time and effort to post daily is no big deal. That it shouldn’t be rewarded. It’s like if we just gave the prizes to them, even though they don’t want to put in the effort, that it would encourage others to post more. I’m not sure on what planet that makes any sense?

I’m tired of the people at the top of the leader board having to be targets of people that have better things to do than waste their time posting. Being called point farmers is derogatory. Also some think to think only threads they deem as interesting should be allowed. Talk about a sense of self entitlement.

3 Likes

It’s quite funny to see how things have changed since I started here… there was a different core group dominating the leaderboard… yet none of the same comments we are seeing now…

Perhaps @Steve976 you hit the nail on the head… I think Dire Staights had a song about that… 🤷

4 Likes