Liberty 2 Pro (Upgraded Version) with iPhone

Hey everyone! I was able to listen to a pair of Liberty 2 Pro’s this weekend as I am looking to purchase a set of earphones. I loved the sound of them and went to purchase a pair but saw there is an Upgraded Version available. When I looked at the differences between the two, the big standout I found was that LDAC was being offered on the upgraded version and aptx was no longer listed. Seeing as I use an iPhone, LDAC does not apply to me. Does this mean that I would be using the SBC and AAC codecs only thus hindering the sound quality? Would it be better for me to stick with the original Liberty 2 Pro’s simply because they have the aptx codec? I currently use Tidal and Amazon Music HD so I do have access to hi-res music files.

Hi Joey!

As far a I know, the iPhone dies not even support aptx. The main things you would notice on the iPhone between the two devices is (on the upgraded model):

Ambient mode
HearID 2.0 as opposed to the original HearID
(2.0 enables you to incorporate EQ with your hearing profile)

Those are the reasons I’m looking into the upgraded model, myself, even though I have a device that supports LDAC.