Liberty Air 2 Pro - LDAC?

My congratulations @Steve976!
Very good and necessary thread that caused that LA2 will have LDAC.
Way to go! Bravo! :clap:

3 Likes

Oh wow I missed the fact that someone was able to get it on old buds. I wonder if it was a plan all along to introduce it and it wasnā€™t ready for launch day so they pushed it back and eventually will update for all

2 Likes

This represents a pivot point for Anker/Soundcore.

To add it to an already sold product, not promised, is new for the company.

In parallel the average selling price is increasing.

I think weā€™re witnessing Soundcore attempting to nudge into other brands space.

I do hope the obvious of support is invested.

1 Like

Agreed it would be bad if this upgrade was rushed or not planned properly. I do think itā€™s interesting after the L2P had said they would have transparency added later but this resulted in the plus upgraded version where he no promise was initially made and itā€™s just an added bonus

1 Like

I do not understand this .
There will be an update in September that will add LDAC to LA2 Pro. But LDAC will also be for ā€œoldā€ previously purchased copies, or only for ā€œnewā€ LA2Pro (Upgrade)?

1 Like

Hi, no worry, once the LDAC is available in September, for the ā€œoldā€ Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro you have purchased, you could update the firmware version to get it available on the Soundcore APP on your Android device. ^^

3 Likes

This is awesome news. Of all the earbuds Iā€™ve tried, even Sonyā€™s not as fancy as the name suggests in ear WFXM4ā€™s, the LA2 Pro have been my go to ever since releaseā€¦ Superb all rounders.

Obviously LDAC will be dependent on content, but itā€™s a great addition IMO :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Hi, @anny.peng !
Thank you very much for your reply.
I own a Liberty 2 Pro. Could you tell if it would be possible to add LDAC and even more transparency mode to it with an update. Transparency mode is very much needed in daily use

2 Likes

In ascending difficulty;

• codec
  • ambient
  • ANC.

The L2P has the Qualcomm QCC3020 chip which permits it to have AptX. More about this is discussed in other places.

Other products such as the L2P Upgraded / Plus have the BES2300 which is why not AptX, but can have, say, Sonyā€™s LDAC which is a competitor to Qualcommā€™s AptX (from a licensing perspective).

For those who like AptX, there is the successor to the QCC3020 been out now nearly 18 months, has better ambient and ANC and voice recognition capabilities such as in the QCC5124. Looking forward to the products based on them.

1 Like

@The_Professor Thanks for the clarification. My phone has aptx and LDAC so I thought it might be the same for L2Pro.

1 Like

hi, we appreciate your support on Liberty 2 Pro (model: A3909). However, Liberty 2 Pro cannot support the LDAC and the transparency mode due to its default design.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a licensing dimension. My phone has LDAC and AptX.

Itā€™s been clarified by Anny I see.

If you want LDAC / Ambient then itā€™s a purchase, although Iā€™m sure if you wait long enough youā€™ll win one eventually.

The L2P uses

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qcc3020

Which codec only mentions AptX. The 3020 doesnā€™t do ambient, but the next chipset up did, so I was surprised of the mention of it at launch.

Your phone, is a larger SoC, mine is the Snapdragon 845, which supports LDAC, it seems to do it in software as itā€™s Android version dependent.

1 Like

@The_Professor Thank you for the further clarification. Too bad :cry:, I thought I might get a transparency mode for my L2Pro as a giftā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and explanations :slightly_smiling_face:
I wish you a good day :+1:t2:.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been sleeping on this! Thank you for the confirmation, @anny.peng! I just got the Upgraded L2P for transparent mode (needed in my house) and LDAC. It will be great to have access to it in my Q35, L2P+, and LA2P! I have so much respect for Soundcore.

3 Likes

@RaphStarr You have only the best Soundcore products: Q35, LA2Pro, L2P + :clap:.
Maybe you lack only the Motion Boom.
I wish you a good weekend with good music :+1:t2:!

1 Like

I donā€™t have the Motion Boom, but I have the Flare 2!

2 Likes

Is the app you downloaded from tencint in English at all?

Are you going to buy something else to this collection: ā€œThe best of the best :grinning:ā€?

1 Like

Yes. Itā€™s inescapable at this point. Iā€™m not sure what though. L3P and LA3P whenever they come out. With the two eqs I use on the L2P+, Iā€™m not sure I anything else. Iā€™m using them more than my expensive Sony WF1000XM4.

2 Likes