Life Dot 2 NC Buds Not Charging

HI There Everyone. I just purchased these ear buds last night. I have had the case on the charger for over 12 hours (over night), paired them, updated the firmware, and connected them to the app.

i look in the app and they show the left hardly charged, the right is red on the battery indicators. I’ve searched the forum and tried doing a reset, following these steps:

• Delete (forget/ignore) the pairing records for the headphones Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC on your device (phone/tablet/etc.) and turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Reset the earbuds using the following steps:
  1. Open the charging case;
  2. Press and hold the button behind the charging case for 10 seconds. The LED indicators of the earbuds will flash red 3 times and then the right LED rapidly flash white
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your device again, search for the Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC and pair the device to see if that worked.

My issue now is that when I hold the button down on the bottom of the case, no matter how long, I never see the lights on the buds blink. The case lights all three white will light up when I hold the button down while the case is open, after about 5 seconds, they turn off, and then case lights turn back on at the 10 second mark. No lights blinking on the buds.

I’ve tried taking the buds out, reseating them, by letting the magnet seat them in place, but I don’t see the blinking lights when trying to reset.

I’m not sure what else to do, to get them to charge. Since these are new, and I haven’t even put them in my ear yet, what’s some other troubleshooting tips to try?

Thanks in advance!

Did you removed protection from charging pins?
If so I suggest to contact custumer support by email service@soundcore.com

1 Like

I would go ahead and email service@soundcore.com for additional help. I believe that you may need to get a replacement for them.

1 Like

I think that you may have found the culprit. I didn’t see in the manual that they have protective covers. I just pulled them out and looked, and they were still on.

I have now removed them and will see how that does in a few hours.

Thank you so much for your input…while I feel a little silly, I’m glad it was an easy solution.

2 Likes

You are wellcome. Hope it will help and you will be able to enjoy your new earbuds :+1:

1 Like

Possibly a defective USB cable charging to case if case no charge ear budz no charge.

Hmm you seem to have exhausted most options I could think of sounds like a replacement is needed if still under warranty