Life P3 - now it's launched here's the teardown

I’ve always been more interested with the insides than the outsides. So while we could not discuss til launch, here is the inside teardown done for Anker Japan’s approval for radio devices.

Source of photos

image image image image

I particularly like the long antenna, implies expected good bluetooth signal which this review appears to confirm is the case.

I also like the charging pins, they look chunky so will last a long time.

5 Likes

Appreciate the share of the video and pictures.

I feel like it is another q35 and q30 issue but they did this the right way by having the more expensive Air 2 pro one come out first before the p3.

They seem similar in build, ANC, and playtime. P3 has 9 more hours more battery life, higher IPX rating and gaming mode. P3 has the white noise sleep mode and the pros do not. Although I do not use that but I do know a lot that do like that sleeping mode.

2 Likes

Thanks, if you’re comparing with the LA2P then its teardown

Source

If you step back and not focus too much on the difference the obvious difference is complexity, there are more individual components and more solders in the LA2P than LP3, so you can see it was more costly parts and/or manufacture.

The LA2P BT antenna looks smaller? So wondering if shorter distance test. @Fast_unboxer- I’ll see if he’s put a review of it’s distance.

Edit - No he only did an unboxing as far as I can see.

The driver being tilted obviously is not coaxial pointed at the ear, so someone with better hearing than I should be able to spot an audio quality difference against the L2P.

The drivers are very different obviously between the P3 and L2P.

P3 driver close up.

See how it has to be tilted to fit in the head of the earpiece so is not pointed at the ear canal.

Compare with the L2P

Source

image image

Where you see it has to be tilted in the casing to point to the ear canal,so the L2P is literally all that it says in the marketing literature.

Someone should be able to easily spot the audio quality difference.

Summary - the P3 and LA2P are drivers very similar visually, different electronics, but both P3 and LA2P look strikingly different drivers to L2P. So I’d expect P3 and LA2P to sound more similar to each other and the L2P to sound clearer than either LA2P/P3.

I’m sure the comparison videos are coming, if not already here.

Thanks for sharing the teardown information, this is really very interesting to see the difference from HW point of view between LA2P and P3s.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. It always interesting to see what is inside :smiley:

2 Likes

For comparison the Life Note 3 looks identical to me?

image image

Source

I love tear-down videos.

2 Likes

I love tear downs always gives a different side of the story versus the advertising thanks for sharing the great photos

1 Like

Some great work there @The_Professor I find it cool to see in inner workings of these, albeit apart from what you’ve mentioned for the bits and bobs, I’d not know much other…

1 Like

I’m unclear on this paragraph. Are some of those “L2P” supposed to be “LA2P?”

Well spotted, corrected hopefully.

Names very similar, I know them better from product codes.

Interesting photos.
I never thought that such a small space, you can put so many small parts.

2 Likes