Life Q30 Doesn't work properly

Hi, I have been using my headset for a while now… I bought the bluetooth adapter for my PC which works great but my Life Q30’s does not work as I would imagine.
Once they connect to my PC two sound outputs are created on my PC
One is Headset with microphone (Soundcore Life Q30 Hands-Free AG Audio)
Other one is Headset (Soundcore Life Q30 Stereo)
My problem is that once I want to connect to discord voice chat I have to set the hands-free one on in order to hear any sound on PC but it makes this weird noise and also has a really scuffed sound
Main thing I dont understand is why are there two different sound outputs? Others can hear me on both but if I set the stereo I can’t hear anything and if I set the hands-free one I am hearing that noise…
Is there any solution to this?
Thanks for any help or idea on how to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Windows 10 limitation. There’s stereo sound or mono+microphone, two profiles. Headphone vs headset devices.

Android swaps between them seamlessly, Windows does not. Search for Windows 10. If you use any application with a microphone then it flips from headphone to headset, the bitrate drops.

Not specific to Soundcore.

Many are using the AUX wired cable and an inline microphone cable to get around Windows bad bluetooth implementation.

3 Likes

As a MS Teams user on laptop, the only way to get stereo output is to use built-in mic on your laptop or some other mic (not Q30 mic of course). I know @TheSnarkyOne said he uses AUX to do what @The_Professor mentioned at the end. Also keep in mind that AUX cable provided with the headphones do not have inline mic

3 Likes

I tried to use the aux cable, and need to resort to using the laptop mic and wire for stereo audio to, made me think the aux out is only 3 pole.

Haven’t attempted to find a aux a cable with inline mic. I believe the are available, and with USB a into the computer.

2 Likes

Correct, Windows cannot have good sound and microphone Bluetooth concurrently.

Correct, the Aux port on the Q30 are 3 pole not 4 pole so don’t transmit microphone.

So options are use the microphone on the laptop and just be aware it’s remote and picks up keyboard sounds, or buy an inline microphone cable to use cabled with Q30.

These issues with Windows have existed for years, not sure exactly why people are just now discovering, I suspect it’s the virus work from home new laptop’s introduce an old problem to new people.

What I do is not use laptop whatsoever for sound, I connect twice to a Teams meeting from phone and from laptop and just use the laptop for big screen and keyboard and the phone for audio. Android works much better for sound.

4 Likes

Great suggestion on using phone and computer combo. Never thought of that.

I do this for Teams on Mac since the Q30s microphone doesn’t sound very good imo.

1 Like

i mean its 2021 and we get these kind of issues :roll_eyes:

1 Like