Life Q30 (FW 1.80) power off by itself when on calling mode / using mic

Good news!
Hi, just for update, I had a contact with the support team, and they told me that the problem was reported and reply this:

“Please note there is compatibility between your device when using the app for the meeting, so another replacement can’t solve your issue.
Rest assured our technical engineers are looking into this case and we’ll release a new firmware to solve this issue after 2 weeks. In this situation, may I trouble you to wait for another 2 weeks for the firmware upgrade to solve this issue? If not, we’ll assist you with the return”.

Hope that this can be solved by an firmware update.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. I like the honest transparency and options in their reply.

Wonder if a public list of known problems would help? If they accept a problem and are working on it, will cause a better outcome than people keep posting the same issue as everyone thinks they need to.

2 Likes

Just for update, I try all this (recomended by the seller), but nothing works:

• Recharge your headphones again to make sure it is fully charged at least 24 hours no matter if the indicator is on or off (it’s best to use a 5V charger)
  • Reset the headphones by holding down MFB (Power button) and Volume+ for 5S at the same time.
  • Restart the device you’re connecting to, then try re-pairing the headphones.
  • Make sure that the volume is turned up on both the headphone and the device
  • Try pairing the headphones with another Bluetooth device.
  • Try the headphones in wired mode and see if there is any difference.
  • Ensure there are no physical objects hindering the Bluetooth connection from the headphones to the device they’re connected to (such as a doorway or wall…even in a pocket can cause interference)

keeping whit the update, Now I had try my hedphones Q30 with the same macbook pro (mid 2012), but now on Ubuntu. It works wired. sometimes work perfect, but other won’t connect. Also I can’t use the microphone.

1 Like

I never tried wired, but I know Ubuntu.

What’s the Aux cable in the case?

Is this 4 so ground left right microphone

Screenshot_20201231_174749

Or is 3 ground left right

Screenshot_20201231_174930

If it’s 3 then the microphone in the headphone is physically not connected through aux so cannot work wired. If so then either microphone wired will never work or you’d need some weird hybrid wired for left right and Bluetooth for microphone, the latter being highly unlikely.

If you looked at a wired with microphone headset you’d see 4 , and historically headphones pre wireless were 3 as microphone was a separate 2 port.

Make sense?

I’ so sorry, but what I mean to say is that the headphones work weird (not wired) connected by Bluetooth. :sweat_smile: Sometimes work and others don’t. The microphone is not recognized at all.

The issues arise from the history of sound out, sound in, Linux kernel, devices.

There are only two audio out devices, the built-in analogue speakers which can be muted if plug in AUX wired out, or bluetooth out.

There are only two input devices, the built-in microphone which can be muted if AUX mic in (less laptops have this now) or bluetooth in.

Bluetooth either can do stereo out, or mono+mic.

You can see this via your valid combinations.

You can do this:

or this

But not the cross combination.

Under Linux the swapping if in / out devices is done by root and not the applications.

Under Android, there is no non-root and applications can control the swapping, typically a phone call changes the device.

Nothing really to do with Soundcore, it’s the platform, written for the days when sound and out sound in are separate devices, sound in bluetooth was a mono in-ear thing and then these merged.

Thanks a lot!
I try the second combination, but I can’t get the option to set the Q30 as the imput device.

If you make output headset you should be able to make input the headphones? I’ll double check mine later you may be right.

Finally received FW ver 1.9 and the problem is Solved!!!

I have been eagerly waiting for this update, checking several times per day. Happy to see soundcore addressed the issue. Oneplus 5 was the only device I had that was incompatible, and it’s now working. I hope older Macbooks devices (was reported by others) will also work fine.

1 Like

Grate news!!
Where did you get the 1.9? by the app?
Mine has not been updated yet.

Regards!

I got the update through the app only. Maybe they are rolling out the update in phases.

still not available for me either. only real complaint i have for these headphones was the volume and voice isolation in calls with the mic

Same issue, system does not work properly with Windows 10.
Powers off when connected or mic does not work
When will i get access to FW 1.9?