Life Q30 - Midnight Blue and Sakura Pink color options coming soon?

The USA soundcore site, shows a side by each comparison…

E2A071F6-53E6-4477-BFFB-320E257FA17C

Subtle shade between black and blue.

I also noticed that there is a $26 savings off of the $89.99 reg price… so depending on your location and price paid, maybe repurchase and return current?

Curious as to how things turn out for you

2 Likes

In all honesty… If I had a choice between the Midnight Blue vs a Dark Blue I would pick the Midnight Blue… Yes it is really “Black” but with just a hint of blue… and I think that is allot better than a pure black".
Next over the ear headphones that Soundcore comes out with should be “midnight blue” as their default headphone color.
Or maybe call it Midnight blue black… or just blue black… BUT in any case, You can tell in any web picture that these “midnight blue” Q30s are “black”.

1 Like

I like the Midnight Blue Ones. I may have to get those when I have a little extra cash.

Are these more over the ear or on the ear? I was figuring more over the ear as I find those more enjoyable

Since I don’t have the black ones to compare with, my expectations concerning the blue color resulted from exactly those pictures you provided. So, I knew, they wouldn’t be royal blue and also preferred it this way. But compared to my other black headphones there simply is no difference at all. BUT: I took them out today. And now it’s obvious, they need uv-light to show their blue color. They look blue outside, but totally black with indoor-lighting. So I guess, that’s just how they are manufactured which is a bit disappointing for me bc I am an indoor-user. I wouldn’t wear them much outdoors. For that I do have the JBL Tune 500BT which btw. totally influence my judgement concerning headphones. I have tested lots of headphones and none of them provided such a good ‘out of the box’ sound. I know, this is totally subjective and they could be crap. But they totally satisfy my listening expectations as someone who’s not audiophil, but likes to have headphones that sound decent with any genre and also language. If you look for cheap headphones for ‘rough’ outdoor activities, etc. those are the ones that will probably not disappoint you. They are 29,- € at Amazon Germany right now. They have mulitpoint-connection which works excellent, and - although only 4.2 bluetooth - great BT-range (haven’t tested better ones, except for the Q30 which is on par) and really good microphone call quality (better than Q30). Oh, and they get way louder than all the others, including the Q30. The only reason I had to look for another pair of headphones was bc they’re ‘on-ear’. They’re getting too uncomfortable after a short time.
Ok, that was a bit off-topic now. But maybe it helps those who look for a second pair of cheaper headphones to have in stock.

Btw, I bought the soundcore Q30 for 63,- €. Maybe price will drop even further, but I didn’t want to wait any longer, especially since it might also go up again for a long time.

1 Like

They’re over-ear, and as far as I can tell really comfortable. Only issue I have with them in this regard is that they’re really very loosely sitting on my head. There is literally no contact pressure at all, which is great when sitting at your desk, but becomes a bit of a problem when moving around. Depends on head size, of course. But I don’t have a particularly small head.

Life Tune is sold in Walmart (could be Amazon as well but not too sure) and they don’t have great specs at all on their website. But they are very very similar to Q30 so probably wouldn’t notice much unless bought and compared side-by-side

Don’t have great specs - like, they lack in ANC, or battery life, or what? This is why I am so confused.

That’s not a bad price for them. Camelcamelcamel would give some historic pricing on the relevant market area version… should have for Germany.

So, looking to send them back then as the scale leans bit heavy that direction?

I don’t know why would anyone think the midnight blue ones should be more blue than they are. On properly calibrated displays they look exactly the same IRL as on the ordering site. Maybe those who expected something else looked at the pics on oversaturated AMOLEDs? That’s the only thing that comes to mind for me.

Have you read the thread at all?
What you’re asking is why anyone would expect that midnight blue headphones don’t look totally black indoors. And I already confirmed at what picture I looked before buying them - namely exactly the one ‘TheSnarky’ posted, which btw. is the same as on Amazon Germany. You simply don’t see any shade of blue on my headphones indoors and there is no difference at all when placing them next to black headphones. This shouldn’t be hard to understand.

1 Like