Life Q30 - Midnight Blue and Sakura Pink color options coming soon?

On Soundcore Germany website I noticed that they already list 2 new color options for Q30’s: Midnight Blue and Sakura Pink (both not available yet) with a new price of 89.99 EUR as opposed to 79.99 EUR for Black.

I also noticed that they come with a different carrying case: oval-shaped with a small pouch for cables, rather than the rectangular case with a pocket on one side, as what came with earlier versions of Black Q30’s. Lately it seems the Black one also comes with this new oval-shaped case, as per pics from some Aliexpress and Amazon.de reviews.

Now I’m wondering two things: why will blue & pink versions come at a 10 EUR price increase? Did they possibly improve the quality of the internals, as there seem to have been some QC issues with the early batches?

In the US store there’s also a $10 increase for Blue & Pink versions: https://us.soundcore.com/products/A3028031

Wouldn’d go for Pink🤣
Blue looks very nice

Colorways other than black, are often more $$. Nice to see the liberty air 2 pros colorways being expanded to other product lines.

People who care about colour are proportionally less bothered by cost so average price higher.

Everyone sits somewhere along the gullibility spectrum.

I’m just glad pink isn’t the cheapest. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

The midnight blue one looks pretty good - still dark, but a nice little difference from black.

They showed the pink and blue on the live stream last night.

The blue looks really good… almost better than the liberty air 2 pros.

The blue is definitely a top pick for me

Fort Lauderdale must be swimming in blue boxes.

1 Like

Right now on Amazon in the US it’s $8 off the black and 29% off the blue and pink. Works out to the same price as the black. I just ordered the blue. Price was $63.90 plus tax. Doesn’t arrive until Feb 19-23, while the black is shipping now.

1 Like

Nice to see them all at the same price, and if willing to wait… the blue is :fire::fire:

I ordered the midnight blue last night. I already have the life tune so I can’t wait to compare them.

Aren’t they one and the same, except for the aesthetic difference and that Life Tune is sold offline, while Q30 is sold online?

2 Likes

They are identical in hardware, share the same FCC

1 Like

From the reviews that I’ve seen they speak of having to dial back the bass on the q30’s. On my life tune’s it seems to lack bass until I bring up the bass in the app. And still seems lacking compared to some of the reviewers videos I’ve seen so we’ll see.

1 Like

That would be strange if true - but I have never been able to find Life Tune specs online, so you might be right… I can’t understand why they would split their branding like that, has to make marketing a nightmare.

Don’t get too excited about the blue.
Mine arrived yesterday and they look very black in any kind of light.
You have to put a very bright led spotlight on them to see some bluish color or take a photo with flash. Even when placing the headphones next to other black plastic devices, like my computer mouse or other black headphones, there is literally NO DIFFERENCE colorwise. They simply look black. I will now contact customer support to find out if mine are just an exception, since the headphone is also marked with “R” and “L” letters that are so pale that you can’t identify them with a normal room lighting. Thank god, I own other headphones to compare with. Otherwise I’d have to worry now about going blind.

2 Likes

Could be they sent black, as the black air 2 pros had a blue tinge to them (weren’t quite black), which sounds similar to what you are describing.

The blue are very distinct, at least of the earbuds.

Oh, thanks. I didn’t think of that. Well, actually I did. After opening the box and taking the headphones out, I instantly put them back into the box to return them bc of wrong color. But then, to prove it, I took them out again to take a picture I could send to customer support. That was when I all of a sudden could see the blue color - but only with active flash. Then I went to every room with them which have different lighting. Nothing. They looked black. Only a bright LED- Flashlight could make them appear blue again. I will ask customer support on Monday, if they replace them. Already regretting not to have purchased at Amazon. sigh

2 Likes

Looks like color strongly depends on light.