Loud portable speakers

I understand, these are different use cases.

@Chiquinho you’re more using static as desk speakers (right?) while @md9p269m9n is more seeking outdoors portable speaker so is trying to have one thing to carry.

I still think a custom EQ is the answer here, as well as let customer feedback cause firmware updates.

1 Like

You know what many here think about that “customer’s eq”.
Such presettings may help ones, but others will not.
And they think these settings is “state of the art” which these are definitely NOT.
Eq setting is not such s simple thing only using such given one bý the app.

Too bad there are no LINUX users here.
But you are.
Have you ever tried that “pulseEffects” tool?
That’s the best speaker tuning tool I have ever seen,
Try it and lets talk about! :grinning:

1 Like

I am on a Chromebook now, while it is Linux it’s heavily tuned for battery life.

There will be trade off between loud and weight of speaker…

The rave series is quite a bit bigger, and meant for like tailgating… if not to concerned about weight, the rave mega I believe is the biggest one…

I have neither, so cannot opine the merits of either other than what’s generally available on YT…

Changing the topic slightly, isn’t a speaker with a higher peak Wattage should sound better even at not-loud as its harder to make distortion?

I.e. shouldn’t two Motion+ each 30W playing at 20W each so 2/3rds their max sound worse than one Boom+ playing at 40W so half its max?

I suspect given the Boom+ had a smaller battery, the argument for a Rave with bigger battery would return.

I also see the asks for lower latency Bluetooth.

So the next asks is for a low latency larger battery BT 5.3 “Partycast”.

The largest TSA standard maximum is 100Wh, the Boom Plus had 7.2V 6400mAh 46Wh cell, so you can still make a product double that maximum battery. BT 5.2+ supports multicast.

So, in effect, a Boom"++" is possible.