Motion Boom Bluetooth button

Hello Guys,

Just to confirm with you since I find it a bit weird my motion boom speakers are working perfectly just realized that for example you don’t have any device paired to the speaker and you press the Bluetooth button to pair a new device there is no flashing light blue or any light. Like when you turn on the speaker the Bluetooth start flashing blue till you pair the device . But if you disconnect that device and you press the button it doesn’t flash anymore however just turning on the Bluetooth of my phone it connects automatically to the speaker. The only way the Bluetooth flashing blue like to find a new device is powering off and on again .

This is only me or you experience the same?. Or maybe I’m missing something? . For example if I’m paired to the speaker playing music how can I allow a new phone to pair the speaker so the other person can play ?. Even if I disconnect the Bluetooth from my phone and try to pair a new device it doesn’t work I need to turn it off and back on to find the new device is this normal?.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

While I don’t have the boom, I have some flare 2s, and I find that to have it enter pairing mode, I have to press and hold the Bluetooth button.

I don’t think either of ours (boom or flare 2) support connection to more that one audio source at a time.

I’d suggest if you turn off your device Bluetooth, and have the other person turn theirs one, and press and hold the Bluetooth button on the boom, it may work.

manual link

Note, I am on iOS, so you may have different experience if on Android.

Either way, please let us know if you have success, and how you achieved.

And again, welcome!

Make sure that you press and hold the Bluetooth button it’s not a long hold but it’s a little more that a quick click in my opinion. You should not have to turn of and on just to be able to enter pairing mode

Agree with not having to turn off. Wonder if you are going into a pairing mode to another device to pair two speakers together

When I disconnect my device and press the Bluetooth button nothing happen… the Bluetooth should start flashing blue but is not happening. That’s is why I have to turn off/on so the Bluetooth start flashing (pairing ) and I can join a new device. It’s weird

I would try to install the most new software on that speaker via app