Motion+ warbling sound

Greetings,

First, I have a repetitive Windows10 problem where, out of nowhere, when trying to adjust volume it pegs to 100 and the volume level pop-up remains stuck on my screen. The Google hasn’t provided any guidance, if anyone has any thoughts.

Anyway, that happened again, so I took a shot and repaired my Motion+.
Initially, it would only pair as an audio only device, but, eventually, full feature connection was secured.
Now, however, the crystal clear sound that I used to enjoy has been replaced by a odd warbling.
It crosses all frequencies and is intermittent, as if the speaker is losing connection (from my laptop, situated less than 6 inches away.)

Any ideas?

I do not have the speaker but lets eliminate the laptop from the equation. Have you connected the speaker to a different device such as an android device or Apple device. If it has the same warble then you know it may be more speaker specific. If it clears up then it is probably more Window specific.

1 Like

Done.
Crystal clear on my Samsung s9 but the warble returns when connected to my Win10 laptop.
Both were playing AMZ Prime Music.

I’ve searched Win10 support and it is 99% “can’t connect” which isn’t the problem here.

Both Win10 and Soundcore firmware are up-to-date.

Warble sounds like the Win10 gain is too high causing distortion in the transmitted which the speaker then turns down?

I can create a strange sound if I turn my Linux laptop up above it’s max and have media player (VLC) above it’s recommended.

Or we enter Windows into Eurovision?

I do not want to sound like a broken record as this seems to be a consistent issue here lately where the Bluetooth drivers were needing to be updated (although one guy said a generic BT driver worked for him).

Have you tried to remove the default WIN bt driver and replace it with the driver given by the bt card manufacturer?

NEW THEORY -

Re-paired and the problem seems to have resolved.

Here’s the conundrum.
As I mentioned in my first post, the Motion+ first connected audio only, then full featured.
(Not sure what to call the connection - the icon is a headset, two squares, and a circle. I presume this means voice, music, and data but could not find an image/explanation online.)

Anyhoo, this time the connection came through as voice & music (headset icon) and stayed there.
Now the warble seems to be gone.

However, on my phone I have the four item icon but now on my laptop just the headset icon.
Why does the Motion+ connect in various ways? (Doesn’t it know what it is? Doesn’t my phone? Laptop?)
Why wouldn’t there be a warble on my phone (with the four item connection) when there was on my laptop?

Could be, :grinning: but not normal!

I checked my drivers.
Windows said they were all up-to-date, puzzling as they’re dated 2006.

You might have made it work but you’re going to be lucky to keep it working. The Motion+ does not have multipoint, you may have a temporary hack but the act of connecting to both laptop and phone will cause issues later.

Just don’t do it, refocus your view of Motion+ as either dedicated to laptop or dedicated to another device.

In my case I did pair to both but then the Motion+ would spontaneously power off as it’s complaint.

1 Like

You misunderstand.

It was never my goal to dually connect the Motion+ to my phone and laptop.

I was advised to test the speaker using another device to make sure the issue was with the speaker and not my laptop. Additionally, you can only access certain features via the Soundcore phone app.

Be that as it may, the Motion+ is my default speaker for my laptop/home office set up.
I am still curious about how, during pairing, the speaker seems able to be identified as a different device. The current configuration is as a speaker/microphone headset and that seems to have resolved the warbling problem.

We’re agreeing but I’m doing a bad English at explaining.

I’ve had bluetooth products for many years and know to connect to only one at a time (like you) but the Motion+ had a weird behaviour where even having it paired with two things, even though only one is connected at a time, would send it into weird behaviour. So I reset the Motion+ and just paired it with one device only and then it worked reliably. In my case I got my Motion+ for free so not returning, but otherwise I’d be onto support sharpish £70 for can only pair with one thing is not good.

I never got warbling, I had random power off.

Thanks for clarifying.

I have noticed that the Motion+ will often spontaneously link to both my phone and laptop .
(So wish I could prioritize BT connections!)

When that happens, I get odd actions on my laptop, like video playback spontaneously pausing.
Disconnecting Motion+ from my phone resolves the problem.

Still, the original warbling problem seems resolved by the repairing and insuring the connection was categorized as a BT headset.