Motion X600: Firmware update to add a battery protection function to the bluetooth speakers

Recently, I purchased the Motion X600 speaker, which I predominantly use as a stationary speaker at home. Since the speaker is continuously connected to the charger, I am concerned about the potential impact on battery life. Is it possible to introduce a battery protection feature in the next firmware update? For instance, the speaker could automatically stop charging once the battery reaches 85%.
Additionally, it would be beneficial to offer users various battery protection modes, similar to features found in other devices. For example:

1. Basic Mode : The speaker stops charging at 100% and resumes when the battery level drops to 95%.
  2. Adapt Mode : The speaker ceases to charge after reaching 80%, completing the charge just before the user wakes up, aligning with the user’s sleep schedule.
  3. Max Mode : This mode limits the battery charge to 80%, maximizing the battery’s lifespan.

Implementing any of these ideas would be fantastic, especially considering that companies like Sony are incorporating similar features in their modern speakers:

The Battery Care feature helps you avoid overcharging and will keep your battery in optimum condition for longer. This feature can be turned on through the Sony | Music Center app.

1 Like