Movie about Ludwig van Beethoven

We are talking about films and music.
Here is another one, which may be not known.
I love it,
because it might give some insights of
Ludwig van Beethoven’s character, behaviors and manners. :laughing:

And of course its pure live music!
And you get in touch with Ferdinand Ries, Beethoven’s adlatus.
He became a famous composer as well.
Of course not so well know as his teacher. :grinning:

4 Likes

There was a time if you didn’t own his complete Symphony collection you were not really into music.

2 Likes

I suppose its still the time, but many don’t know. :smile:

3 Likes

Very nice post and at the same time I was thinking of an idea as well.

@Chiquinho,

I know you make mention the new music on here. So, I was thinking you could present a thread ever so often with some of the classical music.

2 Likes

I could if there is really an interest! :grinning:
But what I see here so far :
All are in those “old bands” from my youth.
The revival of a revival! :rofl:

4 Likes

I liked this movie about Beethoven the most:
“Copying Beethoven”

2 Likes

I’m sure it was tried and didn’t gather much interest.

Beethoven, I listened a lot when memorising my notes for my first degree. Needless to say I got 1st Class.

Those who listened to rock music often needed to re-sit their exam.

Nice, I have the box set (Albums) of all his Symphonies in mint condition. I’ll take a picture and post it when I get a chance.

2 Likes

I quite enjoy his music, and will have to check into the movie. Sounds interesting.

Excellent.

I had a boxed set of CD but I’ve moved fully digital and everything is MP3 now. Phone has 256GB storage.

If you listen often enough the music ends up within and you can stop listening to the real thing. A parallel is with Beethoven who lost hearing and heard in his mind.

1 Like

The next you could do, get the piano sonatas.
There is a fantastic recording of all sonatas interpreted by Friedrich Gulda (RIP)
Some examples can be found at YT.

Here is the 8 Album Box set (the albums are in mint condition) I was talking about. A little backstory to this is my Grandma bought me this about 40 years ago (she has sense passed away). This is one thing I will never part with!

4 Likes

Good morning you have them.

Do you listen to them?

E.g. 7th 2nd

Its a perfect recording with Leonhard Bernstein as conductor (Wiener Philharmoniker)
Very well known recordings.
The other ones which are really epochal are conducted by Herbert von Karajan (Berliner Philharmoniker)
Also recorded by Deutsche Grammophon ( A sampler as well)
I got these as a present from my mother (20 birthday).
A long time away! :grinning:
Enjoy listening and enjoy the week!

3 Likes

A beautiful set of Beethoven’s symphonies and a beautiful family memento :+1:t2:.

1 Like