Mute shortcut option

I’m new here, but you all probably know the Q series headphones don’t have a MUTE button. Never thought this would be so important for me as I am on constant calls/meetings throughout the day and tend to move around the house while on them. Not having a mute option could be really frustrating when away from my PC or mobile.

My suggestion is to create a shortcut command using single click in the power button (could be other buttons or functions as well I don’t mind! haha).

Not sure if this would be a simple change/update or not, but would do wonders and definitely retain/bring more people to the soundcore community.

1 Like

Potentially more information would be needed…

Which Q series headphone are you wanting it on as we do not know which you have? Most notes that all Q series, I believe, do not have app support.

Unsure if it would or could be done depending on the basis of the development of the headphones ( ie most are done for music and I do not think a specific headset for conference calls are made yet)

A potential option could be the Strike 1 (a gaming headset from soundcore that a lot use for meetings as well). They are wired with an aux jack and a mic. On the control they have a mute on it to use with a mobile device. I do not think the Strike 3 can be used as it uses USB.

I will say that I usually have to wear one earcup partly off due to wife talk or I can not hear her from the passive ANC and I do not want to pull no wife agro

Mine is the Q30, and with all things said, a mute mic option in the app would already do wonders.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Very valid and perfect requirement for a true calling headset. A physical mute button is a must, may be the next iteration of Life Q series can have this option.

Good to have on App… But while on a important call, will someone have time to go through app, app takes good 3-4 seconds to connect.

1 Like

If you click in an app you can use just the mute in the phone instead easier…

Physical mute would be good. Or a multifunction button you can program in the app, so e.g. single tap = mute or pause or…

A mute in the app would help me on my calls as I use my PC, but yes, as a workaround I use the mobile when I can.

Being able to configure secondary button functions would be terrific! We have various apps that you can set the phone’s volume buttons to do several…

1 Like

While having on released products is possible, history suggests it’s best to repeat the ask to get into a popular wishlist for the product being designed now and the next release.

So discuss how you’d like it, and get consensus from many and then it’s more likely to happen.

There’s probably room for a MFB on the “Q40” (made up name for whatever is next) and what would folks like?

• single tap mute
  • double tap - ? Pairing mode?