New Firmware Update For The Motion Boom

As the title says. I noticed a new firmware update for my Motion Boom this morning - Version 00.33. I’m not 100% sure what is new but since I like to live on the edge, I went ahead and installed it. So far, so good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have 2 booms. I can update just one and see if there’s any sound difference by doing a side by side comparison. I will get back to you shortly on any difference I notice.

3 Likes

@matthew2ndson I’m seriously thinking about getting a 2nd Boom myself. Do you like having 2 hooked up in TWS? I guess my real question is are you happy you have 2 of them?

To expand a little, I was going back and forth between a Motion Boom and Motion +. I couldn’t compare them in person so I did the next best thing. I looked at as many reviews as I could find. Alan Ross’s reviews on YT were particularly helpful - he compared them side by side. I’m still wondering if I made the right choice. IIRC you have both of them and I was wondering what your take is? Thanks in advance
!

Very simple answer :
It really doesnt matter what model of speaker you are using.
Two of the same model connected via TWS
are perfect.
I use two Flares this way.
Very satisfied.:smiley:

1 Like

A 2nd Boom is worth every penny - if you like powerful and loud sound. I really enjoy using mine paired together.

As far as Motion+ vs Motion Boom goes… the Boom sounds better to my ears in all aspects. I haven’t used my Motion+ ever since I got my Booms. I did a few side by side comparisons and now my Motion+ is sitting in my closet collecting dust.

3 Likes

Thank You for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. That confirms what my ears told me watching reviews. It seemed like the Motion Boom has a fuller sound, at least to me.

2 Likes

As long as it makes you happy is all that matters, right. :smile: :wink:

3 Likes

Make sure you buy them at the same time, as TWS doesn’t like slightly different hardware versions. So don’t buy one then, then buy another, buy two at same time.

There’s a history for example with the Boost and the Icon Mini of hardware changes stopping TWS.

Given there’s risk in any purchase, goes without saying buy with a free return and test everything on delivery in the no-quibble free return period.

1 Like

Well it’s too late to do that. I bought my 1st one last week from Amazon. I just bought my 2nd one from Newegg. Both shipped or are shipping from Anker Direct so I don’t think I will have a problem. Thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Yesterday I had my two Motion Boom speakers paired while lissening two music via my OnePlus 8 Pro. Then the Soundcore App informed me about a new Firmware and I was told to switch off the music, which I did. After that the Soundcore APP installed the new Firmware and both speakers where automatically switched off. Now only the connected speaker to my phone has the Firnware update the other has not. Now I connected the other speaker separatelly to te phone to install the Firmware, but it shows, that there is no update available, so the Firmware is still 00.23 on this speaker. How can I get the other speaker updated now?

@n3wb33 I’m not sure. I would contact support and ask them. It might be an issue with your app thinking it’s already updated. It could also be the updates are rolled out in waves. Those are just guesses, I’d contact them and try to get a definitive answer. Good Luck!
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

2 Likes

I have an update but I’m not sure how helpful it is. The new firmware (00.33) says Optimize Performance. When you click on more info it says the same thing. I still really don’t know what they changed. I reached out to support at the end of last week and they said they would get back to me this week. When I hear from them, I’ll update the thread.

I recently got two souncore 3 but did not have an issue updating them individually,

Any way, I would suggest to connect to one of them and open the app and hit connect to that device. It should either go to the device page or it should give you a message to update the firmware. If it goes to the device page turn that speaker off and turn on the other speaker and pair to BT and got to app and try it again. It should give an update prompt for firmware.

This way you are confirming that it is connecting to the device that did not have the firmware. If for some reason the second speaker does not give you the firmware update, I would say to go into the apps under settings and maybe delete the cache and try it again.

If the second speaker has not been added to your BT yet, you would need to do that to be able to update it.

1 Like

@Steve976
@Duane_Lester
Thank you for your answers.

Support could solve the problem using the speakers serial number.
Just received an email from them with the information, that the Firmware update should work now. And what can I say, it worked right after I received the email :wink:

1 Like

Same for me, I also like the boom sound more compared to motion + .
Unfortunately they cannot paired with each other through tws…

2 Likes

I just got my 2nd Boom and they can be paired with TWS. I’m assuming you’re saying the Boom and the + can’t be paired (it would be an interesting combination if you could pair a Boom and +, but that’s a no go) . Only 2 of the same models. can be paired in TWS. I’m planning on writing up a review on the 2 Booms paired. Just need to find the time.

1 Like