Playstation 5 compatibility

Good morning,

I’d like to know if any Q30 owner has tested if the headphone works on Playstation 5. I’m planning to buy one console and I am not sure if it can work wired to Dualsense Controller. I’ve read somewhere that the headphone is turned off and the microphone cannot work. It is curious, because I can use the microphone wired to my Iphone (I’ve tested with the dongle adapter P2 to lightening).
And Bluetooth connection, does that work? Is there any special adapter or any Bluetooth usb can work?
Thank you!

I know one person in the community that has a ps5 but I do not remember which member it was (or remember if they have a q30) (:rofl:) but there could be a few more around

I do not have the q30 but I would not be surprised that it would not work with the PS5 as I have found other devices had some issues with their other versions (ps4 and ps3). With that said , I did have a turtle beach p11 for the ps3 that I was able to get to work on the ps4 with a few tweaks.

If bluetooth works natively on the PS5, you can connect it directly and it should work fine. The Xbox specifically doesn’t support bluetooth, you have to use their special protocol that is basically a bluetooth overlay for lower latency. So not an option for me.

The mic doesn’t work while wired on the Q20s and Q10s - at all, the pin is not present. I think the same is true for the Q30s, but could be wrong . But for your testing with a phone - sometimes a phone will keep using its built in mic, and that can cause confusion. If the plug doesn’t have 4 separate metal rings, each isolated with a little black insulating band in between, you aren’t sending mic and stereo sound over the same cable.

2 Likes

https://community.soundcore.com/search?context=topic&context_id=1588369&q=Ps5%20order%3Alatest&skip_context=true

Suggest

1 Like

You are correct. I could have done a search but I was doing it during my break at work.

I did try a 4 pole aux cable with my Q10s and desktop comp, and as the mic wasn’t inline, it didn’t work…

Having said that, if there was an inline. Ike, I still don’t think it would have worked…

Also doubtful, as from a previous post, that a BT transmitter would have a UI that would suffice to connect from Ps5 to the headphones…

I wasn’t able to make the Q30 work with my PS5.