[Poll] JBL Pulse Series Versus Soundcore Flare Series: Lights!

JBL recently announced its fourth iteration of the Pulse series.

Pulse 4

Soundcore launched its first speakers with LED light shows last year with a very different design.

Flare+

I want to know… which design do you prefer: lights that cover most of the speaker or a much smaller light show?

Let us know your preference by voting in the poll below!

• All lights, baby!
  • Just a little light.

0 voters

As both Flare and Flare+ have now been on the market for over a year, we may not be very far off from the release of a second-generation Flare. Although there are no imminent signs of such a product coming soon, it’s exciting to think about.

To say the least, I’m really looking forward to Flare 2, or whatever Soundcore decides to call it.

Are you feeling the same level of excitement as I am? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

I had a few Bluetooth speakers that lit up all the way and honestly I didnt care for it. I much prefer a minimal light show to further extend my battery life. Plus, unless I’m partying the lights are off anyway

1 Like

All lights look cool… Though it takes a toll on the battery, who cares … If it lasts for 4-5 hours, that’s all that matters! Hope Soundcore gets us this in future

1 Like

Dig the more minimal light output myself, improves the playback times and is not too much of a distraction…

1 Like

If someone needs real enlightenment he may use.
Young folks will like.
IMHO, a speaker should produce perfect sound, nothing else!

1 Like

I don’t like any lights tbh, but I prefer less lights.

That JBL speaker is very gaudy…

2 Likes

“gaudy”! (new english word for me) :smile:
I took a look at my dict.
There is a similar meaning in Bavaria" (NOT in the rest of Germany!)
Gaudi = fun!

Claro : Latin origin
The students are singing
“Gaudeamus igitur” :rofl:

There are many old words here in Bavaria with italian/latin sources.
Not used nowadays unfortunately forgotten.
Sad: More “denglish” now.
Why using English here, and neglecting our language.
BAD!

1 Like

That’s not what I meant by gaudy. Here’s my definition.

“Extremely bright or showy, typically as to be tasteless”

2 Likes

Ja, thats what my dict tells me.
But our" Gaudi" here is pure fun! :rofl:

2 Likes

My personal opinion on lights is go big or go home. Either you hate them and there shouldn’t be any or you love them and that’s all there should be. There’s not much room in between.

2 Likes

Those JBL speaker remind me of Lava Lamps.

1 Like

I agree and second @Insider

Hope next version of Flare has more surface area with lights.

1 Like

Amen brother

1 Like

Glad someone agrees with me. Looks like opinions are very split overall.

Lot of lights, but no more sound! :rofl::rofl::rofl: (Joke as usual)

1 Like

I get the reasoning for wanting to have lights on it and am all for it, but I don’t need my living room looking like a rave each time I want to use it.

1 Like

My kids love the lights, younger one takes the flare mini around the house all the time with the nursery rhymes playing with lights :blush:

1 Like

I wish mine didn’t lol. My youngest won’t sleep with ANY light in the room because she is so fascinated by it. It is a battle to keep the room dark during the days sometimes lol

1 Like

I personally don’t think the lights are necessary, but they are nice to have sometimes. My nephew is crazy for bluetooth speakers and lights just make it better, since the flares are rugged and have lights I will just give them to him so he can play with them. But he would probably like more lights.

1 Like

No lights preferably but I get the appeal.

1 Like