Q30 earpad split!

Anyone else experienced this?
The black plastic cover over the foam has split along the seam. The foam has bulged out and occludes partially the speaker. The occlusion affects mid and high freqs and distorts the sound. It unbalances the volume between right and left.
It seems like a manufacturing defect of the cover is at fault. The cover appears to be two pieces of thin plastic welded together. The weld has failed.

1 Like

My Q30 are OK. If your headphones are under warranty I would suggest to contact customer support by email service@soundcore.com

2 Likes

I will do that, tho I want to wait a bit to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience. Thanks

I haven’t had that happen to mine either, but I’m with @VertigoXX on this. I would contact Customer Support. Good luck!

2 Likes

If it does not qualify for warranty, you should be able to find the earpads on sale

1 Like

I can only recall a weak spot on the slider when expanding the headset to fit over your ears.

Haven’t seen anything relating to the earpad.

There was a thread on replacement pads, and perhaps you can share a photo or two?

1 Like

Excellent for adding phot.

Here is another thread with similar:

May be able to find another one or two searching for replacement cushions. Like this one with much more options outside of return…

@Crow_T hi, I am sorry to learn about the issue with the earpad of your Life Q30. Be assured that we always stand behind our products, providing an 18-month warranty that covers any quality or manufacturing-related issue.

Would you please drop an email to "service@soundcore.com" by detailing the issue and the order information, so that our Soundcore customer support team will take care of your case as soon as possible?

This just happened to mine the other day. I have had my Q30s for about 5 years and have loved them. My solution was to stitch up the split seam. The results aren’t too bad, I don’t notice it when I’m wearing them, and it was fairly easy.

The soundcore website has some replacement parts where you can get those earcups for like 10 dollars if needed.

Here you go.

1 Like

Happen to mine same thing…not even 2 years of use.

Even I have faced a same issue, my right earpad has ripped off and I cannot find the replacement paddings here in India.
Pls do help with a possible solution, i have also written to
service@soundcore.com from andradesflorian1@gmail.com. Hoping for a positive revert and a possible outcome.