Q30 - Problem with plastic of the sliding mechanism

I’m on my 4th unit of Q30, the 3rd unit had cracked headband. It’s lasting longer.

So I think they probably beefed up the design for Q30. There’s barely any mention here of this issue with Q35.

Ensure you get younger stock to get the stronger materials.

2 Likes

I haven’t had issue w my 35s either, but perhaps apart from usage, the design had been revised.

Quite enjoyed the wired anc this past week, worked well.

3 Likes

These are from a friend of mine which buyed Q35 after 3 waranty replacement of Q30. From Q35 Sliding sistem. I think, ( at least on Q30) plastic does not have enough elasticity and is too hard compared to the steel strip. The steel strip must take all the force, not the plastic. People with big heads have to extend their headphones a lot and I think that’s the main reason they break. And yes, it is possible that the plastic from q35 is of better quality, but design is the same with Q30. At Q35 the plastic is a bit more flexible, but I don’t know if it’s enough.

I think we all agree with the statement. I think for sure the q30 and q35 need to have a metal strip to take more of the force from the plastic part.

Either that or they need to redesign the shape of the headset or make the strip fully metal. It is why I tend to stay with earbuds more than headsets but do like a good headset to use ever so often.

The Strike 1 that I think is a failure for gaming headsets for Soundcore had a worse issue than the q30 n 35. The sliding band was a lot thinner and wider. So from my experience, they broke due to the stress from wearing them at the same area consistently. (and now you do not hear anything about them anymore). Overall they were a decent gaming headset but several other gaming headset had the same issues. ( will say my favorite gaming headset was the p11 from turtle beach. It last like 5 years or so and I only tossed them after the electronics had issues)

2 Likes

My Q30 just cracked over time in the same spot on both sides. I’m also of the strong opinion that this is a construction fault/material weakness. To my dismay Anker/Soundcore refused any replacement/refund because they claim it’s out of their so-called complimentary warranty replacement program, which covers 18 months. Makes me really wonder what they think about the 2-year German statuory materials defect liability… Unfortunately the customer is bearing the burden of proof, and how could I demonstrate that without a (costly) surveyor review? I’ll probably contact a consumer protection office. As for purchasing a successor, it won’t likely be a Soundcore model then.

1 Like

I’ve created a solution that should stop or prevent these cracks. I have 3 of these headphones and all 3 of them have started cracking

I have 3 pairs of Q30 and just yestarday plastic broke even on the last one. I’ll need zip tie + glue fix on those too :\ It’s not looking good, but it fixing the problem.

Same here, sliders both sides Life Q30 are broken on the outside sliders

when i tried to look for parts i did not found any of them and while i contacted the support for replacements i clicked on their "look at all the parts we have link provided in the support case and was redirected to a Roomba vendor service where i could order spare parts for a Roomba …

tf?