Q30 troubles with bluetooth

Hello everybody. I just bought Soundcore Q30 to use them with my iPhone and my tv.
I connected them with my iPhone 8plus and my Fire Tv stick. Everything goes well as long just one of the devices is connected to the headphones. But as soon as both of them are connected then the audio gets interrupted and I hear cracklings and it is almost impossibile to listen to music or watch a movie on the tv. Why is that? I tried resetting the headphone. I unpaired the headphones from the devices many times and I even tried to connect them to other devices. But I have always the same problem. Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance.

This is common, the multipoint works best between like-Bluetooth devices. Your phone and TV in this case are too dissimilar and so the headphones cope less well.

Ideally do not connect to both. If you do want to try to connect to both you may be lucky if you connect in a particular sequence.

You have to begin with headphones off, and both bluetooth disabled on phone and TV.

Then first try bluetooth on TV, turn headphones turn on, let these connect. Should sound OK. If it does then enable phone bluetooth, let these connect. See if still sound ok or has worsened.

Then try the opposite connection sequence. Headphones off, phone and TV bluetooth off. Headphones on, phone bluetooth on, should be OK, then TV bluetooth on, see how these sound.

One or neither of these will work best. Either you find you cannot, in either sequence have both connected. But at least you know that now and decide which to connect and to not connect the other. Or you find you can connect both but has to be done in an explict sequence.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your explanation.
I already tried both sequences and nothing happend. That’s a shame. I love the possibility to answer mu phone while watching my tv.
I will keep my headphones anyway. I love them and I find them very confortable.
It’s just a shame and I may try updating my fire tv stick to a newer one.

1 Like

Shame, oh well. I had hoped TV then phone connection would work as it usually works oldest device first.

Reducing the difference between devices, less dissimilar, increased the chances, but it’s not a given a newer device will work. I’d not want you to spend money to solve this, just work around it and if you get newer device give it a try again.

The Q30 are such a reasonable price (e.g. mine $56) I am cool with dedicating them to one device.

Yes. By the way I have an iPhone 8 plus with bluetooth 5.0 and a Fire tv stick lite, model 2020, with bluetooth 5.0.
So I still cannot understand where the problem lies. I use the headphones with my pc (bluetooth dongle by Ugreen, 5.0) and my iPhone and I do not have the same problem. I am so angry about this.

Could be A2DP version difference.

:poop: happens

Not the Q30 but other recent products, they have multipoint or LDAC, so I think it’s probably related to codecs, e.g. they can only connect to two devices in certain codec combinations. If any of use cared enough we could diagnose it. Let’s just say multiport if it works for you be grateful.

It starts to be too much difficulty for me. I’ll take your word on this. As you said “it” happens" lol

1 Like