Queston about using Partycast with Soundcore Mini 3

I have a small office that I am trying to set up a PA system for. I was toying around with conventional wired method, but then I found out about Partycast, which appears to solve my problem wirelessly. So I am trying to buy a few Soundcore Mini 3s to set this up… but I have some questions that apparently aren’t answered anywhere:

1. So Partycast works by connecting a primary speaker to the sound source, and then connecting all subsequent speakers to that first speaker, right? Once you set this up, how long does it stay in Partycast mode? Does it keep itself in that mode indefinitely until user takes it off Partycast mode, or does it simply go back to default speaker mode under certain conditions? If so, what would make it return to normal speaker mode without user input?

2. What happens when the primary speaker is temporarily disconnected from the network and/or loses power and then returns to the network/regains power? Will Partycast need to be set up again, or will the device remember and reconnect with everything?

3. What happens when a secondary speaker is removed in a similar fashion and then returns? Does it automatically attempt to reestablish Partycast connection or does it simply wait for user input in normal speaker mode?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1. As long as the speaker is on it stays in partycast mode or until the user does some action to disrupt it. (Holding the Bluetooth button on the primary to end partycast, turning the main speaker off.)
  2. If the primary gets turner off all speakers turn off and you will have to mainly reset partycast up on each speaker.
  3. If a partycast speaker turns off you will also have to reconnect that speaker back.

If you are looking for and automatic system this is not it.

2 Likes

Ahhh… So this thing is only designed to last one session of partycast, then.
Since it supported so many speakers at once, I was rather hoping that you could set it up once and use it like a PA system. But after reading your answer, it looks like I would need to reconnect them all manually nearly every day. Shame… I would have loved a wireless PA system setup.