Resetting account password on Soundcore.com

Is it possible to reset your login credentials (your account password) from the Soundcore.com website? Under my account, I can see nothing allowing this…or maybe I’m not looking in the correct place?

You can easily do it using the Soundcore App but I can’t find how to do it on the web.

Thanks for any info

2 Likes

multiple ways to do this but the fastest is to logout, at login the forgot password option.

1 Like

Excellent. Thanks! I knew it had to be somewhere.

1 Like

Super good and simple idea :+1:t2:- I have never tried to change my password like this. Thanks @The_Professor .

1 Like

I will say you can change the PW another way and it may be an issue in another sense as well. If you created your account through an email /password and not by using Google or Facebook, (emails and password) you can change your password through the app as well.

I initially used Facebook when I created my account here. So I am stuck partly to log in with Facebook at this time. I ended up having to create an account for my app use and setting… What I find interesting is that if you are logged in, and go to your profile and besides being able to change your password, you have the option to delete your account as well.

I find that interesting that it gives you those options as well in the app.

Yes, you could. You could check this link to forget the password, then process it via the instruction:https://passport.soundcore.com/?app=soundcoreusa

You could also delete your account and create a new one Deleting is easy in the android app:

Doesn’t that delete things like accumulated points also?

Listening to music is not a game, there are no points :thinking::scream::smiley:

1 Like

I wanna keep my points… It took me months to accumulate them :grinning::smiley::smile::grin::rofl:

1 Like

What is the points to USD rate ?

https://community.soundcore.com/referral/redeem

Hmmm I’ve honestly never really had to reset my password for this but definitely a good thing to know for the future usually I just hit forgot password on most sites

2 Likes

Cool but those people who use the same password on multiple accounts and then fall for the social media phishing ruse, probably should change their password. Best is different passwords on every account, and ideally don’t use social media or ringfence a dedicated account for those. So social media for entering soundcore competitions solely, separate from different password for Soundcore community, etc.

Probably many reading this already have their account hacked and don’t know it. The professional hackers collect many accounts to make them valuable then exploit them all later at one mass event so they get the most gain. So change your password now if you’ve done any of the bad things like same password on multiple places, use social media on same account, etc. If you wait til you get notified of a breach, it’s already too late.