Slight, periodic "popping" sound on left earbud during calls (Liberty 2 Pro)

I just got these from my local best by a couple days ago. While testing them out on a call, I could hear slight popping sounds coming from the left earbud every couple minutes or so. Is it something I did during the pairing process? Should I reset them? It’s kind of annoying, since I only have the volume set to precisely 50%. It doesn’t happen during music play that I notice, just during calls. I did purchase a two year protection plan from Geek Squad, but it seems ridiculous to use it after only a couple days after purchase and still well before the return window. Is there any way to know the manufacture date of my particular unit? Help would be appreciated.

As it happens on calls not media, this implies a codec / profile / version issue issue between your phone and the buds, so a replacement is probably not required. A replacement in effect does the same as a reset below, so do these steps to bypass a potentially unnecessary replacement effort.

What is your phone? Look up if it’s a bluetooth 4.2 device, an older phone, that is typically the cause.

Most issues can be fixed by simply resetting them.

Delete pairing on phone “forget”.
Turn bluetooth off on phone.
Turn phone off.
Reset the buds.
Turn phone on.
Phone bluetooth on.
Pair again.

During pairing, you take the right bud out of the case, and pair, then it offers the L bud, accept that pairing. Don’t connect to the L bud ever.

See if issue has gone.

If it’s not gone, then if you’re on Android then clear cache. Wireless buds have many bluetooth problems…

1 Like