Sondcore Life Q20 with new firmware has major audio issue with noise cancelling

Hi, I bought several headphones Soundcore Life Q20 for my company in June 2020. I bought later in march 2021 another one for my personal use. I noticed that the firmware of this last one was different, for example the noise cancelling feature is enabled by default when the headphone is turned on (which is a good point). I had not time to use this headphone to listen music, juste few business calls.
Recently we had troubles with 2 headphones of my company, the support mades a replacement of the faulty units with refurbished headphones. These 2 headphones also have the new firmware (noise cancelling enabled by default).
This week I tried this new version to listen music, and I am very very disappointed, the new firmware has a major issue when using BLE connection and noise cancelling. The sound level constantly changes according to the music. The problem dissapears if noise cancelling is OFF, or if wired line-in is used.
It seems that is related to bass management, this bad effect being less present if I completely turn off low frequecies on smartphone equalizer (a flat equalizer is used usually).
This is not a configuration trouble, the problem is present with all headphones with the new firmware, and I tried with 2 computers and 2 smartphones.
The problem is more or less enoying according to the music listen. One example of non-acceptable sound effect : “Hurts like Heaven” from Coldplay.
Do you have any solution for that ? Is there a way to flash the old firmware ? I like that the noise cancelling is enabled by default, but if audio quality is not acceptable it is worst.

I can’t believe that I am the only one who notice this problem on that headphone with the “last” firmware…

Not sure there are many members that own Q20’s with 2 versions of firmware to compare. I don’t have Q20’s.

Sorry for no real response by the community The best option would be to contact service@soundcore.com

As stated we may be able to help with more simple needs, you seem to be wanting a more official response. Will say that I do not have and could not state whether that Bass change is how it is suppose to function or not.

Hello,
Thanks for your answer. Actually there is no need to have 2 headphones with 2 firmware, listenning music with the new firmware (and noise cancelling) is sufficient to hear the the issue ofconstant volume adaptation.
I already send a mail to service@Soundcore, they ask me a video of the problem… I tried to record the sound of both headphones using various microphones, but recorded sound is too low, not possible to show the problem using dynamic wave view.

I have the Q20 we can use software on them? Did’nt even know we could do the firmware on them?