Soundcore life Q30 – 2 mini-issues (charging and stuttering)

Hello. I find Q30 fantastic but I noticed 2 small issues. Is it for everyone or my unit has these issues? Firmware is 1.90. Windows 18363 BT 4.1

1. When I plug the charger, the headphone turns off without any sound and doesn’t respond until I remove the charger and turn on again. Why can’t it charge while working as normal? This is such a bummer.

2. I’m connected to a phone and a laptop at once. When I walk far away from laptop it disconnects. When I come back, I have to manually connect to Q30 again. Once I do it, it quite often (not always) starts stutters at some points and making weird noise. Reconnecting doesn’t help. I have to either turn on/off BT on laptop or turn on/off the Q30. I mention this because resetting power of Q30 also fixes this issue so it’s issue can be on either side.

Laptops (Windows?) don’t like sharing with anything else.

Normally the most reliable is dedicated audio devices specific to laptop so they never share, but if you want to share first connect to laptop, then to phone. If you leave the laptop then you’ve got the laptop connecting 2nd and so the stuttering.

If you don’t want to reset, then try turning all BT off, then connect laptop then connect phone, see if that helps.

I believe this is because the versions of bluetooth profiles what Windows wants to use are so old that it interferes with newer technology typically seen in phone. Similar issues with Linux.

Charging, it is normal for wireless to be like this in my experience, particularly at this price point. The battery life is amazingly good in my experience, easily lasts > 24 hours continuous use so times when not using is ample time to keep them going so I don’t find this an issue.

Thanks for reply. I turn my headphones with NFC so phone always connects first but there is no issues with Windows on first connection usually. It happens only if it has disconnected at some point and I need manually to connect again. Main point of multi-connect is probably both computer and phone on.
About charging. Yeah but you notice battery when it’s usually low. As I was on my laptop (laptop used as PC) I thought I will just plug it continue doing my thing and will have at 100% charged but eventually had to delay charging procedure. I don’t know what real life blocks exist that charging device couldn’t be used. I haven’t found this complaint on Google so trying to find how it really is.

Not limited to Life Q30. I have Life 2 and does the same. You can use AUX if you want to use while charging but bluetooth is off

Not too sure about multipoint connection because none of my Soundcore products support it

Ok. :frowning: My only another Soundcore device is Soundcore 2 speaker and it works fine during charge. Previously used only little in-ears so never tested how they act. Good to know.

Yea it’s a speaker though. Headphones don’t work like that and neither do earbuds that have string between each bud