Soundcore Life Q30 Doesn't Work with Discord

I am extremely frustrated. I’ve connected the Soundcore Life Q30 to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. When using Discord, I can only hear through the headphones, the microphone doesn’t work. I have tried every setting that I can find. Also when using Discord, I can only hear Discord, no other application, such as Chrome will output sound. The same thing happens when I’m using WebEx. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Search for Windows 10 bluetooth. It’s not the Q30 specifically but Windows bluetooth profiles.

Do you mean in Google or in these forums?

I don’t have a windows 10 computer, but I looked it up and it seems like its a common issue. Its not the headphones fault, it’s a windows limitation.

1 Like

These steps will work with the Q30… don’t mind the avantree headphones as it will work with any Bluetooth headphones for discord

Step 1: Pair your Headset to your Computer.
Step 2: Check your SOUND SETTINGS Menu.
And make sure that the Bluetooth headset has been set as default Input/Output Device.

Step 3: Check your SOUND CONTROL PANEL.
And make sure that the Bluetooth headset has also been set as default Playback AND Recording Device here.

Step 4: Go into Discord’s USER SETTINGS Menu.

Step 5: Go to VOICE & VIDEO.
And set the Bluetooth headset as Default Input/Output Device.

3 Likes

Great detail @tank glad to see u back and active.

Hi,

It’s a old post but i have a kind a similar problem.

I bought Q45 Depends on reviews which says is quite good however i’m quite disappointed so far.

My all settings just like the Tank says the only problem Mic does work and receive sounds but sound quality is terible.

I read many comments that saying when you connect to the a Discord or a Team - Zoom Call it switches itself to Hands Free Mod which distrub the sound.

Make sure select back to normal Q45, However when i does that i don’t receive any sound.

More funny part is this headset suppose to have very good microphone which everyone says “Q45 microphone system rejects quite a bit of background noise, making this a great work headset too”

However, All i can see it’s microphone is quite bad. My logitech astra is quite better than Q45 and when you compare the pricess there is huge gap.

Any idea how to fix these problems i’m having ? And don’t tell me a Windows issue because i have similar problems on my android and Ubuntu as well