Soundcore Life Q30 will not turn on at all

I’ve owned the Q30’s for a little over a year now, and they won’t turn on at all. No lights at all. Even if I plug them into the charger or leave them charging, reset them, etc. I wasn’t using them for a couple of months so I’m not sure when this started. The aux connection still works, they just won’t turn on for Bluetooth. Is there anything I can do?

1 Like

Seems headphones were discharged to zero. Try to charge them using USB port (laptop, tv set…) instead of regular charger.

1 Like

Charging doesn’t work regardless of where I plug them in. :confused: I tried it again just to make sure, and the light still will not turn on.

1 Like

Lights will not turn on immediately. Try to connect headphones to laptop’s USB port and leave for an hour. It can help to innitialize battery.
Another issue can be faulty charger or cable.
If nothing help and headphones are under warranty contact customer service by email service@soundcore.com

1 Like

… and tried different cable?

This sounds like they are broken and so warranty claim, 18 months you said a year old. Serial number, proof of purchase, photos, etc to support.

What you could try is to reset them while power is connected. Plug known to work cable from known to work charger into headphones leave some minutes then while cable still connected to power perform reset.

Good luck.

1 Like

Yeah, tried different cables. I purchased them in April 2021 so the warranty will still be valid. Thank you for the help.

3 Likes

Good.

Try resetting while attached to power, that works with the TWS buds sometimes. Doubt it will work with Q30 as there’s no case to get confused.

1 Like