Soundcore Life Q35 - weird noise with ANC on

Hello!

I purchased the Life Q35 on the 22nd of June and have been happy with them until mid of Summer, when the right earpiece started sometimes making quiet clicking/knocking noises with ANC mode on. It is not happening when the headphones are in normal or transparency mode. I was hoping it has something to do with the signal from other bluetooth or radio devices, but since Summer I have already tested them in all kinds of different environments, with different devices, in different houses, flats and even countries. This clicking noise in ANC mode is still appearing sometimes, and it is particularly annoying and noiticeable when the volume is set to low levels (obviously I can hear the noice better, as it is not blocked out by the audio content).

Today I took the headphones from the shelf, and realized they were doing a loud “screaming” noise from the right earpiece, while nothign was actually running on my iPadm they were connected to. I have switched them off and on, and the problem was gone, but it has probably something to do with the other noise I am having in the right piece from time to time?

P.S. I have been already doing everything that Anker support bot usually suggests - resetting, forgetting, reconnecting, etc etc.

Many thanks for your feedback in advance.

3 Likes

That’s a fault, wait for support to respond.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. Meanwhile Anker support has responded to my ticket and asked to check a few more things before they could start the warranty replacement procedure.

1 Like

Please I just bought this headphones :headphones: yesterday and it’s making the same pop sounds with ANC turned on. I’ve been trying to reach support since.

If you bought them yesterday, why not exchange them if you think something is wrong?

I have the Q35 and don’t notice any popping sound.

2 Likes

It took me a while to notice the popping, so I could not just return them. Anyway, I have contacted support an they have replaced the item. The replacement came in an obviously already open and re-packed box (they replace the faulty unit with refurbished one if your unit is older than 6 months), but the headphones itself looked as new and there was no popping issue. Thanks to Anker/Soundcore for support and quick solution.

3 Likes

I hope you realize @antons.kozlovs, my reply was directed to @okekefranklin123 (the post before mine).

1 Like

Glad your issue solved. Soundcore customer service is always helpful

Yeah I figured I’ll just do that. It’s just a hassle to do online returns

I have the same issue. How can I fix it?

I have the same as inthis topic issue on my newly bought headphones. What should I do to get rid of it?

Hi, @11169737 I am sorry to learn about the issue with your Life Q35, in this case, the following tips are worth trying:

1. “Forget” the headphones in your device’s Bluetooth history.
  2. Reset the headphones by holding down the Power button and V+ for 5S.
  3. Try these headphones with another device.
  4. Upgrade the firmware.

If the issue still persists, please drop an email to service@soundcore.com detailing the issue and the order information, our Soundcore technical support team will take care of your case within 24hrs.

1 Like

I decided to bring up this topic again as I stumbled upon what appears to be the underlying cause of the issue quite by accident.

After having received replacements (courtesy of Anker) and thoroughly tested three pairs of these headphones, I continued to encounter the same problem with each pair after approximately 3 to 6 months of usage. Frustrated, I eventually gave up and continued to use them as my primary headphones, only resorting to the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) mode when absolutely necessary—such as during flights or train rides.

I must admit that I use these headphones extensively, often dozing off with them on and wearing them throughout the night. Over time, I noticed that the cushioning inside the ear pads was becoming significantly worn down. As a result, I decided to order replacement pads from Amazon, though they weren’t the original ones since Anker’s website did not offer the blue original pads. The replacement pads, while clearly intended for the q30 model (as they lacked an additional seam), proved to be of satisfactory quality. The replacement process itself went smoothly and effortlessly, following instructions from YouTube guides. Much to my surprise, the popping noise issue completely vanished after the replacement. Quite perplexing, I must say.

This leads me to presume that the problem may have been a glitch tied to a combination of factors, including diminished physical isolation due to the deteriorated cushions, microphone interference, and the ANC algorithms.

I trust that this update will prove helpful to someone experiencing a similar problem.

does ANC working when wired?