Soundcore Motion + makes buzzing sound

Hi, I just bought a new Soundcore Motion +. From the first time I connected it with Bluetooth or jack cable, it has been making a very light humming sound. It can be heard when no music is played and a little bit when the sound is at the lowest volume. When the music is louder it is fine, the humming sound doesn’t get louder and cannot be heard.
Should I return it to the seller?
Thank you.

1 Like

I’m not sure if Motion+ has a hissing sound problem as well but I would still try to reset the speaker: Hold the Bluetooth and Volume+ buttons down at the same time for 5-10 seconds until Motion+ restarts.

If the reset helps, it worked. If not, I’m not too sure other than emailing customer service at service@soundcore.com. Some others who own a Motion+ could have other things to add as well so don’t return it just yet.

2 Likes

Mine has no hissing so far.
If a reset doesn’t help the support should be contacted.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. I did the reset but there is still a light noise. I will contact the customer service.

3 Likes

The problem with that “hissing” is :
Some hear it some do not.
The older you get the more your hearing abilities are gong worse.
May be mine Motion + got such a hissing, but cant really hear it! :smiley:

I have 2 units and I agree. There is a constant buzzing sound when it’s on- not playing music and when it’s on and playing, the volume level doesn’t matter. I’m not sure what the cause is… but it’s on both my units

4 Likes

Same problem on two of the Motion+ speakers. Build quality is not up to expectations, either.

1 Like

No,the problem is the hissing. Just because some don’t notice it, or pay attention to it, doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue, especially for devices which cost so much.
These are touted as high quality units.

200 quid on 2 speakers which buzz constantly is a blatant rip off.

4 Likes

Could be issue with 1 batch of speakers. Should reach out to service@soundcore.com and they can exchange with another unit or refund you amount if you don’t want a replacement

1 Like

@Casteno Normally, when you put the Motion+speaker near your ear, you will hear a current related hiss as the component in the speaker is working after you turn on the speaker even if you don’t play music, and due to this speaker has a total output power of 30W, so the hiss might be more noticeable than other speakers with small output power. But normally the volume for this noise shall be <= 30dBA at 30 cm distance and it normally will not affect the normal use.

In your case, you can try the following steps to see if it improve:

• Full charge your speaker first.
  • Turn on and reset the Motion+ by holding the Bluetooth and Volume+ button at the same time for 5-10S until the Motion+ is restarted.
  • Restart your device to test again.

If the hissing sound influence your experience, you can email service@soundcore.com they can investigate this for you ASAP

2 Likes

My Motion plus has been fine but recently developed hiss and noise, quite loud and a reset does not help. Its two years old but all the same not acceptable.