Soundcore Speakers - Difference between Stereo Pairing & PartyCasting

May be a fix is on the way, though details may change,

1 Like

That’s me. :smiley:
Of courseI know about that app but dont use.
So I want all functions by manual setting on the speaker.

1 Like

I had you in mind when I wrote about the button, and didn’t prefer App, had read your previous posts for it :grin:

1 Like

But you do have to press it again on both speakers. And again if you have more than two. I wouldn’t mind if they stayed in party cast mode or not based on how they were set up on last shutdown.

But @Shenoy I have noticed the same thing - the sound is mirrored (same on each speaker) and not stereo (different channels). So it works well for hearing the same thing in more space, but it does not give you the sense of space and directionality that properly separate stereo speakers do. Seems like it would be simple for them to detect whether it was only two (play stereo) or more (play mirror). Or even better, an option in the soundcore app.

1 Like

That’s a good input for the design team at Soundcore,

This can be easily realized by software.
Two : Stereo mode
More : Party mode
This makes sense.
But this functions should be offered without any app. :wink:

2 Likes

With respect to point three about the colors - if you change the color settings fast enough in the Soundcore app, with two paired flare 2s in party mode, it doesn’t always change both. Usually, but not always. My girls were playing with it and quickly moving through the options, several times ended up with the primary showing what the soundcore app said, but the secondary was one change behind. So one was blue and the other red, for instance. Like it had to send a change request each time, and the second was ignored for being too close.

Making a second change, not too quickly after the first one, always wotked to get them back on the same color display. Just an interesting quirk, not a problem.

1 Like

I use the Soundcore App only for Firmware updates, and that is pretty much it. Using it more frequently to check on updates for PoweConf now.

Tested with app may be once or twice for Flare 2, and those looked ok to me.

If the speaker/earbuds work, is there really an update needed?
What could be changed by such an update for a simple speaker/earbuds?
The eq settings may be, but if someone doesn’t use that app eq, there is no need for such an update.
Or has this mysterious hissing of some earbuds been “repaired” by such an update?
I dont know.

1 Like

I tested this color changes via app this morning, color changes over Soundcore App to Flare 2 devices worked perfectly well, both changed well. Trying to get this on Video, will have this posted on Gallery one of these days.

I am hoping for a firmware update that will allow stereo pairing for the two speakers.

Otherwise, firmware updates are only relevant if required for the Flare 2 speakers if you don’t have the same firmware on a pair and want to connect them - I believe that is a requirement in some cases. The PowerConf they might still be developing more features, it is a more complex product.

I don’t use the app in general, this was just letting my kids have fun with them. Which is part of the point of the brightly colored speakers in general, at least to me.

1 Like

Not sure if only firmware update can enable Stereo Pairing for Flare 2 or PartyCast Speakers… as this has high risk for partycast feature.

As mentioned above by @galaxy.zhang
the separate button for TWS may be an option, meaning existing Flare 2 will not be able to do Stereo Pairing.

Yes this is a reason for such an update.
I was lucky my “old” and my “new” Flare paired without any update.

1 Like

When I took a look at the offered updates.
MS and OS only.
No LINUX!
I wonder if I could use a very old MAC-book.

1 Like

Hi, Just bought 2x flares 2. Love the sound. But no stereo sound? I only get dual mono.:confused:

2 Likes

It seems to me like this wouldn’t be very high risk, and could easily be added in software (the signal should all be present in the bluetooth signal). They might be concerned about confusion in controls, but it shouldn’t be a big deal. I think stereo should be the default behaviour for two, but even if they leave it normal and just give an option to enable stereo in the app would be fine.

Ideally, stereo would be an option in the app for any even set of speakers. And they could indicate which are which by having the left ones pulse out of time with the right ones. But I don’t know how often that would be useful for many people.

2 Likes

Agreed.
Also I don’t understand that. Sure Partycast is a nice goodie and a nice marketing plus, but in reality, how many are using that compared to ppl who has 2 x flare 2 and just want to hear stereo? Anker is killing stereo sound for a few percent Partycast users?
At least build a stereo switch to choose Partycast or stereo sound.

Not understand that. I will return now my 2* flare 2 and go back to my 2* Anker 1 with stereo sound!
:frowning:

3 Likes

@jercox response here:

In my opinion, this degrades the user experience for PartyCast as well as Stereo pairing. I would rather not have Stereo pairing than add confusion for users. Also, a recipe for lot of tickets for Soundcore Support.

May be a good option for stereo pairing being added to Flare 2 or other PartyCast speakers is via a dedicated button as mentioned above in posts. That also implies, it will not be available for Flare 2, unless it is somehow implemented in the Soundcore App. Again, makes Flare 2 dependent on the App. So better option is a dedicated button.

@Florian_Becker Flare 2 has its own advantages and can be connected to over 100 Flare 2s, USB-C input. May be if users plan on getting only 2 speakers of a kind, earlier Soundcore speakers (or may be future versions with a dedicated button for Stereo pairing & PartyCast - if it happens) would be a good idea (make sure to get the speakers of same make, model)

With PartyCast, Soundcore plans to add this to different variations of speakers … not just the SAME model, make (here we go… one more difference for me to list … yaay ) … so you can get different speakers and have. Lot of us have been having a lot of Soundcore speakers, being unable to pair to each other because of this limitation on Stereo

UPDATE: Added 5th difference between the two pairing mechanisms.

Well I understand Partycast and yes it is a nice feature if you can use to different Anker products!!

I guess that’s personal, I rather have a stereo sound and not have the Partycast. I bought 2* flares for stereo, so I’m returning it.

Also I think they could get both working, without confusing the users. In 2020 that should be doable.

2 Likes