Soundcore Tunes only play audio for one second and then disconnect for 5 subsequent seconds in AUX mode

Hello! I’ve recently encountered an issue with my Soundcore Tunes while they’re in AUX mode and connected via the provided cable. Audio only plays for 1 second and then the headphones “go quiet” for 6 more seconds, only for the cycle to repeat indefinitely.

So far I’ve done the following troubleshooting:

• Connected them via Bluetooth to both my phone and a laptop of mine, didn’t encounter any issues
  • I connected them to another PC and the issue persisted, so I ruled out a software/driver issue or a broken 3.5mm port
  • Cleaned out the 3.5mm port in my headphones to no avail
  • I measured the time that the headphones play audio and the time that they disconnect with a precise millisecond clock and noticed that it’s exactly 1 second of play-time, respectively 5 seconds of quietness. So I’m inclined to rule out the cable being broken, as the exact nature of this timing leads me to believe it’s an issue with the headphone’s hardware.

Anything else I could check or try doing before I’d have to send these in for a repair? Thank you!