Suggestion: make some good audio sunglasses

When I leave my home most days I am on a bicycle, and I grab my sunglasses (winter - plain glass) and put my Anker Slim buds around my neck, I may pack a small speaker (Nano, Icon Mini…) and go.

What I’d like to see from Soundcore is a more cost-effective version of these:

Why I have not bought the above:

• huge, very chunky. Not remotely ever going to buying something this chunky
  • price. My interest in the product is way less than this example product.

My wishlist:

• minimalist design, I want a primary focus on being basic glasses, secondary is sound for me.
  • battery life. I am often out for hours. I am open to putting on a Qi charger when I’m not moving to make it stretch to a longer time. I know battery life and lightweight are in conflict.
  • Ambient sound first priority. I am biking, so I need to be able to sense a threat.
  • Good all round vision - so a classic cycling goggle design.

Can you make this? I’ll be a beta tester.

2 Likes

I have tried those at Best zBuy and they seem pretty good.

My son has the Oculus Quest 2. They use a similar speaker near the ear. I have played it a few times and pleasantly surprised by how well it sounds

1 Like

I’ve tried a few of these myself but not parted with $.

The Bose are too chunky.

There are bone-conducting versions which are slimmer but the audio quality so awful not worth bothering.

Live in hope Soundcore are/will do something more intelligent.

The world will end up biking everywhere like it did a century ago, when the world runs out of fossil fuel and bikes can be carried through the global warming floods, so Soundcore should do biking buds.

China and biking spent many decades together.

Today I biked for 3 hours with the Mini 3 pointing up out of a side pocket towards me, it kind of worked but didn’t take much traffic to drown out the sound.

1 Like

I’m blind and I would love this there is also a gap in the market as Bose and all others I’ve found don’t do wrap arounds with bone conduction. Because I’m blind and my eyes are extremely sensitive I can only wear wrap around sunglasses.

As well as my Life Q30’s my other go to headphones are Aftershokz Air these allow me to hear traffic and have greater situational awareness.

Other things I love about them:

• No sweaty ears
  • Sweat, dust and waterproof I can wear them in rain!
  • Because of above they are my go to for the gym I just put earplugs in.
  • Battery 8+ hours
  • Super lightweight and durable.
  • Easy to clean
  • Also great for use when cycling or running I do neither but I have friends who love them for this.
1 Like

What about a second one!
Party cast!
Left and right pocket! :laughing:

But TWS would be more satisfying!

Why biking Mr. Geek?
I would prefer a carriage with a donkey in front.
I will call him Willy!
That’s really “GREEN”
Kidding as usual.
And Willy will find his way back from the pub, even I am not able to care about him and give him orders! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Do you think adding Partycast to the requested Soundcore sunglasses would be useful? Shared enjoyment without a loud speaker?

Thinks. :sunglasses::thinking:

Soundcore Professor Edition?

1 Like