Suggestion - TWS with speaker with find-me in the case

I liked the idea of find-me of the Life P3.

So I’d like to build on the idea with a speaker-case for TWS buds.

It would merge this concept

With

With

What do you think?

What if putting the buds in the case turned the speaker on which took over the connection?

There’s some of the electronics in the case already, add a small driver, bluetooth.

1 Like

In the past, I remember seeing something like that before. I am not sure if these are the exact device that I saw but I think they are and are made by Duolink.

Since Walmart has some iffy kinda of sellers, I do not think this is the true price of this product as well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duolink-Go-Bluetooth-SpeakerBuds-3-in-1-Navy-Blue/319865950

Here is a reddit post showing an advertisement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earbuds/comments/i5feb6/what_do_you_think_of_the_duolink_speakerbuds/

When I did see this back then, I thought it was a pretty interesting concept as well. Will say I do not the look of the Duolink’s earbuds though

Updating: About to close out and saw this by Unboxed Therapy (it was a kickstarter last August… Unsure if the kickstart went any farther)

2 Likes

I haven’t lost or a misplaced a speaker before but I could see it as useful.

I wasn’t thinking of the “find my speaker” issue, I was thinking of the “find my wiress buds case” issue and thought add a speaker to it so you then find the case faster. That means adding a speaker capability to the case.

The sort of speaker in the Nano is not large and I’m sure could be added to the “Liberty 4 Pro” (my mind’s eye) case.

You’d then buy this one future product which is both TWS buds and a speaker and you’d find it harder to lose either of the 3 components.

So you would just want the speaker to be able to find the case and not to play music from it. So the speaker wouldn’t need to be of the highest quality since it’s just making a beep sound or something similar that doesn’t need to sound pretty for you to find it

No I was thinking not just adding a speaker purely to find the case, it is a speaker in it’s own right. I find the sound from the likes of the Icon Mini is more than loud enough as a speaker in it’s own right, and so just put your buds in it.

Bad idea still?

Note I own the Liberty Air 2 which is a really small case, equisite engineering, but I never use them as I prefer the wired-round neck buds to not lose them and if I do carry anything larger it is usually the Nano or the Icon Mini is it’s as large a speaker I’d bother to leave the house with. I have the Motion+ too but it never leaves house as too big.

So I’m just thinking if you inserted some TWS buds inside the Icon Mini form factor, then I’d be more likely to use it.

I am also thinking the speaker stops playing when you take a bud out and the sound comes from the bud, then when you put bud back in case the sound moves back to the speaker. An App-configurable setting to change between buds-in-case=off vs buds-in-case=speaker-mode.

Soundcore - stop copying Apple, stop being a me-too brand and innovate!

1 Like

Not a bad idea just wasn’t sure I understood how you wanted them combined. I think it would solve all the “I lost my case” problems if the case made sound and having a speaker and earbuds would mean less to carry around depending on if you are in a place where earbuds are appropriate or a speaker so I think it’s a cool idea for a procduct

1 Like