Taylor Swift Announces Re-Recorded 'Fearless' Album With New Songs

3 Likes

Making money money money

Yep she doesn’t even need to release new music, just rerelease all the stuff that scooter has the rights to…

License to print… no doubt

This is great! :blush::+1: Her voice has obviously changed and matured now so it will be interesting to hear the updated album and compare it.
More music from around the same time sounds good too, I have liked a lot of songs from her over the years, but more of her older stuff than some of the newer stuff.
She reminds me of both Paramore and Marina (formerly Marina & The Diamonds) in one aspect, (only one aspect don’t freak out, they’re definitely all very different lol :sweat_smile::grin:), due to her experimenting with a lot of different sounds and music styles. There’s some similarities between certain albums and sometimes she’s done two in a row for one particular style but she switches it up a lot.
She also (like Marina) has based an album around a character she’s created which I think is very interesting, even though most of that album was not my cup of tea. I do realise there are probably others who have done this, but these are the only two I can think of who have done this sort of thing very intentionally.
Sorry, this has ended up being a long ramble, but I have a lot of thoughts on this as she’s someone I listened to a lot back in the day, then stopped for a while, now listening a bit more again. Also a lot of nostalgia for these songs!

2 Likes

I enjoy paramore and will have to check out marina.

Taylor has evolved to be quite the star within pop music. Great crossover from country, although not classic country by any means :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

No, Taylor was definitely always teetering on the edge of pop country crossover territory. Which is why I never understood the furore when she said she was experimenting with a little more of a mainstream or electronic sound.
Especially with We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together! I always wondered what they thought the Sparks Fly album was - definitely some country elements maybe but loose ones, more acoustic elements if anything!
Marina is amazing, her power and range is incredible as are her lyrics and she’s so underrated! She did a couple of collabs with Clean Bandit which got more attention and her music has been used in so many adverts and soundtracks. You’ve probably heard her without knowing it was her, Lenka is another artist like that (she’s also great, check her out too).
I am very selective with my music, generally want positive and upbeat songs a lot of the time so there’s only a couple of tracks from her older music I like. Her album Love + Fear had a lot of great tracks on though!

My Particular Recommendations:
Under the name Marina and the Diamonds:
Rootless (The Family Jewels album)
Gold (Froot album)

Under the name MARINA (Love + Fear album):
Superstar
Orange Trees
Enjoy Your Life
End Of The Earth
Soft To Be Strong

1 Like

Great share

I had a listen to a lot of marina songs this evening. Great voice and solid songs. Thanks for the suggested ones to start with.

She reminds be a bit of Florence and the machine, and Delores from the cranberries.

Of interest, have you heard of / listened to Anna of the North or lølø?

1 Like

No I haven’t but thanks very much for the recommendations! I’ll definitely add them to the list! Finding so many amazing songs recently… :grin::+1:
You’re right about MARINA having a similar vibe to Florence, I’ve thought that before, and I’m pleased you liked her music! :blush:
I feel like I’ve vaguely heard of The Cranberries but that’s another band I will have to check out properly.

1 Like