The rival of L2P which is the Jabra elit 75t get the ANC and Ambient mode

Jabra elite 75t’s got the ANC and Ambient sound mode by just a software update. Why our L2P will not get even the ambient sound mode. Spuncore please update the L2P to have a ambient sound mode this will be a game changer

Public information shows the Jabra hardware had this capability, while the Soundcore hardware does not. So Jabra could choose in software to enable, while it is impossible for Soundcore to add.

This information was extremely easy to find. I searched for the product teardown, top of search was FCC then searched the chipset shown inside.

The Soundcore:

https://fccid.io/2AOKB-A3909R/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-4421942

I’m not seeing where it does ambient sound mode in hardware. I’m only seeing cVc.

The Jabra:

https://fccid.io/BCE-OTE120/Internal-Photos/Internal-photographs-1-of-2-4477902

So the different hardware in the Jabra supports what you ask for but the hardware in the Soundcore does not.

This is all public information.

There is no such public teardown yet of the Liberty Air 2 Pro, but no doubt eventually there will be and then we can look up their insides and the hardware capability, and so possibly what can be added in software updates.

1 Like

Looks like we have a new regular here who is super knowledgeable about internal hardware. I would’ve just assumed they wouldn’t do it for few months so their LA2P sales don’t get hit

1 Like

I’d hardly say the ability to type search in Google is knowledgeable.

Oh so ambient sound on L2P is impossible, thank you for the information

So do you think ambient sound mode will come to L2P in a couple of months?

• none of can know specifically, only Soundcore official can reply
  • based on the hardware inside, it looks to be either impossible or will not work well and so prediction is highly likely no. Software can enable what the hardware can do, but if the hardware can’t, difficult to see how. Ambient mode must be done in hardware as need low latency. Some things can be done in software (e.g. HearID) as that’s transmission of spectrum from host.
1 Like

At least you know what to look at :joy:. I have no knowledge of what is compatible and what’s not.

Based on info by @Logically, I’ll say not happening. I said it would’ve been my guess because I had no knowledge of internals before

2 Likes

This is kinda old news on the jabras … happened couple months ago but that bein said their sound profile id say is only half that of the l2p and volume wise maybe 50 percent also… I know this because on black friday or Thanksgiving I tried the elite active 75t on sale for 149.99 just to see how the anc update was and if the active sounded any better than just the regular elite 75t I owned the elite 75t before I got the L2P but… after wearing them for about 2 hrs I took back next day to best buy… im yet to have a pair sound nearly as good as the l2p and was not impressed by the anc or fact ya still can’t rock either earbud with the jabra… needless to say as far as headphones or earbuds I will legit not touch another pair until the liberty 3 pro with transparency and anc arrives… till then im beyond happy with my liberty 2 pros which have worked flawlessly 6 to 8 hrs per day since Dec 2019

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for my custom L2P arrive from that December leaderboard so the suspense of sound quality is just building up :joy:

3 Likes

Seems like a lot of comapnies have released similar uploads in audio lately

Also @Shivam_Shah sameeeeeeeeee

1 Like

The reviews indicate in descending audio quality is L2P, LA2P, LA2.

As LA2 had their upgrade, L2P would be next logical event, adding ANC, ambient.

The L2P launches now 16 months ago so I doubt now have to wait long. It is expensive to make a launch like they did the LA2P now and the L2P Sept '19 so a couple of months, at least?

They’re second to none!!! That’s my honest opinion and I’ve tried many!! You will absolutely love them!!

1 Like

So L2P will have a ambient sound just like they said on the lunch date of L2P? Just put ambient soundbon L2P and I swear this is the best earbud for $150 hands down nothing can beat this with the ambient sound update on these

I promise you what ever you watch on youtube review about L2P is legit the sound quality is amazing and they can compete $200 earbuds for the sound quality

Not exactly.

The successor to the L2P would probably have, what it’s name would be, it’s launch price, anyone can guess. I guess is 2 months out and about $10-$20 more than the LA2P so $140-$150. I’d expect launched with all it’s features.

Some people cannot keep the Air type shape in their ears, need wings, so a high-end with-wings next generation of L2P is my guess.

Based on the reviews, the drivers in the L2P are well received, so I’m expecting just a chipset revision.

What does anyone else predict?

If anyone knows under NDA then don’t hint, that would be… naughty… we’re just speculating using public information.

As to whoever said L2P would get ambient, who and when said that? It seems unlikely given the hardware internals.

EDIT: Found it said here. That’s naughty to say it is coming when the hardware doesn’t appear to be capable.

I see its been hinted at and asked many times, but I don’t see how it could be done, the hardware isn’t there.

Personally I agree with

1 Like

The bad thinga boit these is the soundcore hinted that they migt put Ambient sound mode in L2P

You are correct, it is there in the video.

1h0m5s Loz “we have the transparency mode as well - right?” … (muffled…) “oh that will come a little later”.

I am curious what they thought they were going to do to accomplish this. If you attempted it in software you’d get a lag which would sound awful. You have to do it in hardware, and the hardware (appears to) not have the support for it. I’m wondering if they attempted it in software and it did sound awful.

Soundcore knows how to make these products far more than any of us here, so I’m puzzled why they said they could and yet did not. Either I am correct (cannot be done) and so why they did so they were investigating, or I am incorrect in which case I’d like to learn how.

However, setting aside my curiosity, as consumers we should all only buy based on current and not futures. Plenty of reasons future changes, either it doesn’t work or the effort is pulled into the next product.

Three steps:

• know what you want (the hardest part)
  • seek it out (reviews) - we do need some early adopters to put their time in to find and shake out bugs but there is risk in this.
  • buy it and if doesn’t do what you want, return it.

I have no sympathy in technology buying futures. If they could easily do it… would have been done by launch so “coming” should not be assumed true, best assumed not true and if it happens then it is a bonus.

I am more interested in the L2P successors, the above video is over 15 months ago. New chipsets out since then, new lower powers (from Qualcomm, etc) been out for months.

We cannot talk about unnounced products, but we can make wishlists (surely?)

Yeah, the mistake they made was referencing the possibility of doing it and then did not really follow it up. I would speculate that it was misinformation someone had, and they never corrected it.

It could be that or their time frames were messed up with the Covid and it was financially better to forgo the update and probably just work that into the next ones.