The Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Song od All Times

Do you know: The Rolling Stone Magazine’s 500 Greatest Song od All Times?
I have not known so far.
XX- century stars themselves are at the top.
I am most surprised by the fact that there are almost no new songs, just old hits.
Were there no great hits nowadays, in the XXI st century?

https://musicbrainz.org/series/b3484a66-a4de-444d-93d3-c99a73656905

1 Like

As I always tell people, I may be old, but I got to see all the great bands. I really do think today’s music (in general) doesn’t compare favorably to the music made in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.

2 Likes

You know that I was surprised that several of the songs are a little lengthy as well in the top 10. (meaning about 4 min or longer)

2 Likes

@Duane_Lester back then a lot of radio stations were album rock instead of hits. Quite a few great songs that are long from back in the day (American Pie, Low Spark of High Heeled Boys, Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, etc - to name a few).

1 Like

@Steve976, @Duane_Lester When I looked at this hit list, it felt like I was reading a hit list for musical dinosaurs​:joy:. Music from the music museum :thinking: :grinning:.

1 Like

@sodojka Here’s a couple of selfies. :rofl:

1 Like

@Steve976
Laugh- laugh … And one day they’ll put us in a showcase in a Music Museum with the caption:
"They were listening: Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Beatles …":joy: :joy:

1 Like

There are a lot of different versions of Top 100 or Top 500 hits. But the most of hits are the same