The Verge Reviews Liberty 3 Pro's

Gives a score of 8/10, not too shabby.
Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro review: feature-packed buds - The Verge

2 Likes

Cool. I’ve been pondering if a better than L3P is possible. The reviews of L2P Vs L3P implies the sound quality cannot be improved, it’s plateaud. So by elimination it’s everything else particularly the ANC and ambient mode is the next improvement via a faster chip. As faster necessarily is smaller then a size reduction also and probably increased battery life in certain scenarios.

3 Likes

They could include more drivers; iem’s do the same to get a more balanced tonality. I’m kind of surprised that Anker/Soundcore isn’t in the iem game; lots of Chinese companies make those products but sometimes QC is an issue.

I agree. I think LDAC is cool and all but it with ANC is just a battery hog.

I think they use little tricks to get the best sound at times for those that do not have the LDAC or AACA. They give those others bigger drivers to make up for the lack of the improved sound quality.

I will say that I do like the ability to decrease the size from the l2p to the l3p.

I am not an audiophile, I don’t feel qualified on sound quality but I can read reviews and count. The dual drivers does seem the key part of the L2P / L3P audio advantage.

The teardowns of both you can see the driver and the armature is what is most of the length. They can shrink the electronics so I can see it getting slimmer further out of the ear. When - I don’t know.

I also see the reviews of comfort, there is an unmet demand for lighter and thinner - so that’s where I see the R&D. Improving ANC and ambient is the lowest hanging fruit so I see that next in a “L3P+”. Feels too soon after L3P for it to be imminent but when it happens I’m expecting that to be the headline “improved battery life, improved ANC, improved ambient, slimmer”.

LDAC and ANC battery hog can be improved, there’s the higher consumption from more radio signal you cannot improve, but you can improve the cpu drain of LDAC from the 1/3rd currently and ANC doesn’t need to drain as much either while listening to music as fundamentally it is making just a different sound, a sound it is already having to make. So I see the large drains from LDAC and ANC becoming smaller. Basically just from more efficient, newer, and more expensive, silicon.

1 Like

Nice review. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing the review.

I think they have improved the sound. A touch more clarity and details. Also depending on the quality of your files, the inclusion of LDAC can make a difference, at least to my ears.

Agree for some people for some content LDAC increases quality.

I think the next move will be to lowering the battery penalty of LDAC, more efficient processors.

Bring it on.

For me, ldac isn’t even a possibility, as affel products don’t support…

Oh well, my hearing is quite selective, not quite wolf like :wink: and can’t tell diff between 196kbit or higher… 🤷

Hasn’t Crapple supporting latest technology LDAC been heavily hinted at recently?

Crapple not supporting AptX I can understand as it’s owned by a competitor for the Crapple silicon , but LDAC is a licensable open source and doesn’t support a competitor.

My 4 year old Android phone supports LDAC, AptX as well as the oldest codecs which Crapple supports.

I see the downsides on battery life of LDAC dropping in next hardware releases as part of lowering latency.

I think similarly that my hearing is selective as well sometimes. Whatever the tones are of my wife usually , I do not hear them. :rofl:

1 Like