Trying to connect multiple Motion+ speakers to different devices in the same room

So, I built a super compact sound system for our church to use in public spaces, like parks, without disturbing other people and violating city ordinances. I wanted to use bluetooth speakers to make this happen because of their portability and they are self-powered.

I bough 8 Motion+ speakers and 8 bluetooth transmitters on Amazon. I’m powering the transmitters with an 8 channel headphone amp so that I have a full, stable signal going to each transmitter.

Here’s my problem. I can get 2 speakers connected to any of the transmitters and it works great. Not a defect in the speakers or the transmitters. But, when I try to connect a 3rd, I start getting loud popping and a skipping noise out of the newly connected speaker. I got as many as 4 connected and only the first two will stay clear and clean. The other two totally trip out.

I was under the impression that since each bluetooth device registers its own mac address that I should be able to connect basically as many as I could power with my amp (in my case, 8).

Am I misunderstanding the way that bluetooth tech works? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!

You should have simply bought 8 Soundcore Flare 2 which could connect in PartyCast mode and play the audio… Motion + only supports TWS Stereo Pairing, meaning only 2 speakers can be paired together.

If you are still within the return window, return those back and buy Soundcore Flare 2 – this is only an advice! Easiest way to play same audio across your home / multiple rooms.

Not sure about the Amp and connection you are using.

This is a useful article for difference between PartyCast and Stereo Pairing

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. That is one solution I originally looked at, but most of these types of speakers have a latency issue. The Flare 2 can have up to a full second. I chose the Motion+ because of the APTx technology that has no noticeable latency drop.

I’m looking for someone with some technical knowhow on bluetooth protocols. I am running 8 bluetooth speakers from 8 different bluetooth transmitters. I tested this with a bunch of headphones and small speakers I had around my house before I bought the motion+ speakers and it worked, but they were all different brands and protocols.

*** My big question is, is there some reason that I cannot have multiple Motion+ speakers in the same room, paired to different devices.

I would say only the motion you want paired on and only the transmitter on, and the pair. You can turn them off and then pair your second one… rinse and repeat.

This way you can insure one device to one transmitter.

Other than that, I would check with soundcore support for additional help potentially

Thanks for the detailed write up on your query. I have BT transmitter and paired a Max of 2 Soundcore Headsets.

Pairing more than 2 in same room may have issues between the speakers since these may interfere with BT frequency…

PartyCast had overcome this limitation.

You best bet is reach out to Soundcore support service@soundcore.com

Adding Soundcore Product Team @galaxy.zhang @Poppo.wang

1 Like