TWS Roadmap questions

So currently these are the reviewed flagship TWS products.

Best sound quality overall

The L3P dual driver is vying with the L2P for best sound quality. Of these L3P wins on comfort for smaller ears while L2P is winning on sound volume and bass.

Best sound quality for stick

The L4 seems to be consistently winning on sound quality for stick, but still behind the L3P/L2P for sound quality. The dual drivers of the L4 seem to be not quite as good as the L3P.

Many don’t like stick such as for sleeping and constantly seeking smaller in-ear buds.

Best for NC

The newest product is the L4 NC.

Despite the name this isn’t an ANC improved version of the dual dynamic drivers of the L4.

It is winning reviews on ANC bettering all predecessors. But is reviewing worse for sound quality than the L4 which is worse than the L3P/L2P.

Hence there’s still gaps to fill for next flagships.

Envisioned L3P successor

It’s telling there’s a mixed review of the L3P over the L2P. Clearly to try to shrink size there was some losses in sound volume. This may be intractable and so we may not see a L3P successor. Maybe they had to have a stick to make both dual drivers and comfort?

However there’s plenty of features they could add to L3P such as improvement in ANC.

Envisioned L4 successor

Clearly better ANC is possible as shown in the L4 NC so the next logical step is to upgrade the ANC on the dual drivers L4.

Envisioned smaller in-ear non-stick

The A40 and the Dot show if you’re willing to accept less sound quality you can still do a lot in a smaller size. With the asks for even smaller I’d expect an even smaller version of the A40.

I don’t think Soundcore product portfolio is bad it’s just complex. Product names and features with very similar products doesn’t make it any easier for a consumer to know the right product for them. So as part of new flagships a pruning of the portfolio would be helpful.

What do you expect and want?

2 Likes

As it’s not a secret, I was a Beta Tester for the L3P and my Beta unit is louder than the retail version. I’m not complaining because I think both are more than loud enough. Just an observation on my part. Because of this, I’d never get rid of my Beta Unit…

PS The Beta Unit is my favorite of the group, closely followed by the L3P Retail Version. I also have the LA2P, but I’d have to say the L3P bests it sound quality (no big surprise there since they all have dual drivers).

(L to R) L3P Retail, L3P Beta, L2P+, L2P

Sapphire Blue LA2P

3 Likes