Update to the Anker Communities' ToS

IgnorantMinorJuliabutterfly-size_restricted

3 Likes

That’s all? It often takes me more than ten minutes!

1 Like

Yeah no I’ve spent over an hour tying to find stuff you’ve found in the past. Sometimes checking multiple days

2 Likes

Now, that’s more like it…

dont tell them the secret eufy cams you have in Anker / sister company HQ :rofl:

2 Likes

Dang I guess I should try harder next time you post something. Hopefully I find more time after finals in December to test my skills :joy:

1 Like

I think he has an early version on the Ring Security Drone

1 Like

lol that caption “flying camera go brrrr”

@Fuu_bar that is such an interesting drone they released

what if a news about anker appears on cnn and is posted here? how is that different than information published on fcc?
this is suppression of free speech.
I can understand a non-disclosure about a beta test product but relay of public information is not same.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly especially with FCC listings. Something we just saw here:

So if I cross a line, I’d like to be told exactly via PM after my post deleted so I can learn.

These communities are owned by Anker so they own their own rules.

My interpretation, possibly incorrect (let’s see! ) is if I just quote the source, if Anker has a problem it is with that source, they need to close that out and I’m doing them a favour bringing their attention to that source.

My interpretation is also if I don’t quote my source, I’m not really helping Anker close the source and so I’m part of the problem not the solution.

Let’s see…

I am also a fan of 3 strikes, 1st warning, 2nd short ban, 3rd long ban. 1st offense is often just ignorance and warned as education, 2nd offense is thus deliberate and short ban to show you mean it. 3rd offense is longer ban so they have time ponder.

Banning of course, like all forms of censorship do not work to stop someone, it is purely to cause pause, as all someone loses is their handle, as someone can always return with a new account handle anyway.

Would be good if Anker were more ahead of this, their own “coming soon” type posts so it’s not revealed by someone else beforehand. That would be everyone’s preference I suspect.

4 Likes

Yes this is a good idea, I was talking about censorship before.
Not the right way.

3 Likes

Another aspect … do we really need what is published on FCC? I am not interested and don’t want to see anything which is not available to purchase / ready. Simply seeing the Chips and Block diagrams is not interesting. (but that is me :blush: )

I would be interested in knowing if there are teasers on what’s new & coming soon… which will help me better decide on my purchase plans (something which @Insider 's posts help the members with)

2 Likes

I’d rather Anker tells us about upcoming products here, in a controlled quality manner.

In a vacuum…

1 Like

Yea I think this is a good idea. Though I do agree with @kumar.sachin’s opinion as well. Of course Anker owns these communities like you said but with all due respect, they can either stop us from posting everything (public and leaked alike) or treat public info as public info and not within “grey” area. Things easy to find like FCC listing shouldn’t be under a “grey” area by any means. Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

I am curious what is coming next, but unlikely to be an early adopter in general. So it doesn’t end up making a big difference.

2 Likes

Agree. I don’t agree with early adopter, I prefer to wait til its shipped and reviewed a couple of times by someone who’s done more than unboxing.

I’d happily test an early unit.

1 Like

I agree this info is public, and it will generate excitement for the new product.

While we can wait to own till somebody like you do a thorough review of any new releases, the teasers/comingsoon/FCC threads have a role to play and ignite the curiosity as what is coming.

1 Like