What’s Your Favorite Vintage Audio Tech? #ThrowbackThursday

The frequency range is much better regarding vinyl.
CD is compressed, mp3 is even more compressed.
Using bt there is a loss too.

But its convenient of course! :wink:

2 Likes

We bought my kid a vinyl player for Christmas and got him so Beetles to play with it as well as a few others. If I remember right it was Bluetooth enabled.

3 Likes

You realize that vinyl is more compressed than any of those, right? Vinyl is a bitwise encoding of a song, that just happens to be encoded via physical bumps on a spinning disk instead of magnetic ones. And the data density for vinyl is much lower.

The decoding process of a mechanical head does give a unique sound. But that unique sound is added by the playback process, and is not giving you more of the range of the actual instruments.

3 Likes

This was my first portable!

Dont have it anymore! :sob:

3 Likes

If it were not for those platinum records I would have given up fix my old player again and again :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

And plus this one for some unfortunate thing happening here in this spring. Hope it will end soon and eveybody will be fine.

2 Likes

The problem is the laser.
If defective NO chance to repair.

But at the flea market there are a lot of those players to be found.
I think I have some stored in the basement.

CDs normally you get offered piles of those here at the flea markets too.
50 cent for one is normal. :joy:

I still keep my old Sandisk Sansa MP3 player around for the FM radio! Portable radio tuners seem to be becoming harder to find!

s-l225

5 Likes

This is why I keep my Zune, we it just won’t quit, is for the radio option.

2 Likes

This is why you take your old computer CD player and rip everything to digital formats (MP3 or FLAC, or whatever). I have some old CDs lying around, but the files are all on my computer by now, so I don’t need to do anything with them now.

mp3, Flac, WAV.
There are differences in compression and frequencies after conversion
But as usual mostly we dont hear those at all.

Some great albums there, Poppo!! Didn’t know you were a fan of Brit Pop (Oasis, Blur, etc.).

That Oasis CD brought back a lot of memories :grin: