What’s your preferred type of headphones

Been lookin into the different types of headphones and was wondering what everyone’s preference was

• Open back
  • Semi open back
  • Closed
  • In ear earbuds
  • Earphones

0 voters

If you chose a headphone design do you prefer

• On ear
  • Over the ear

0 voters

Can’t wait to hear all your opinions and reasons for why you chose the ones you like.

1 Like

Never tried any kind of open back headphones so only closed back but I prefer earbuds because they are much lighter on head and doesn’t get my ears hot

1 Like

@Duane_Lester interesting that you chose on ear. Is it a comfort choice, style choice or something else?

Mistake… over the ear change

I have beats 3 that are on ear and they hurt over time

1 Like

Ah ok. I was curious because on ear usually ends up hurting my head after a while

1 Like

For me, I prefer over the ear (my Space NC) for working out, working in the yard, and using the tractor. But when I’m hiking, jogging, or just walking around I prefer an TWS earbud style. That way I can still hear what’s around me. I do like the Spirit X style for strenuous activities or actives I might loose them if they were to fall out.

1 Like

You don’t find the seal on some of the tws headphones to block out a lot of the surrounding sound?

On ear really hurts my ear. I can’t even move my ears without having pain for a good time after using on ear headphones

Honestly my thoughts any time I think about TWS earbuds. Even walking they might fall off

1 Like

@Mark_Dunsmore what type of semi open back headphones do you use?

1 Like

If insert them correctly it’s pretty good at blocking outside noise. But when I need to hear what’s around me I don’t fully seat them.

I’ve never had mine fall out walking or hiking if I have the correct size ear pads and they are inserted correctly.

Just dropping in my $0.02…

The best type of headphone for me is closed-back over-ear headphones (not earphones or earbuds).

Let me explain in point form why so:

• To me, headphones provide the best sound due to those larger and more powerful drivers, not something earbuds could achieve.
  • With larger drivers, bass can be head-rattling (and that’s good, when I want it to) instead of just earhole-buzzing.
  • Although not guaranteed, headphones may be more possible to get their faulty or worn-out batteries fixed (as opposed to earbuds which would be destroyed the moment you cut them open).
  • Headphones, due to their larger batteries, could last much longer before charging is required again, resulting in less downtime.
  • With headphones, I could choose when to charge them and when to stop. Not the case with earbuds where their charging cases would just start charging the moment you place the earbuds in until they’re full. This makes keeping battery between 20% and 80% much harder.
  • Headphones, with their large sizes and everything in one big piece, would not be lost or dropped the same way and as easily as earbuds would.
  • Over-ear headphones are preferred simply because they’re very much more comfortable than on-ear types. (And they wouldn’t hurt the pinnae.) As for warming up my ears, I prefer warm ears than painful ears.
  • Closed-back ones are preferred as I wouldn’t want others to hear what I’m listening to, and wouldn’t want to hear outside noises.

Though earbuds have their advantages over headphones, overall for me and the way I use these devices, I think headphones’ advantages outweigh those of earbuds’. So yeah. Closed-back over-ear headphones.

1 Like

That sounded more like a 10 cents talk than 2 cent conversion :wink: :rofl:

Man, I am funny sometimes.

You made some good points. I think sometimes that although I may prefer one type but I will use other types of activities. I will never work outside in headphones as I do not want to increase the wear of the ear cups with sweat.

1 Like

Yea they really should if they are made by pretty much everyone out there :joy:. In all seriousness, a good fit is really vital for fit, sound, and comfort

Shoot, I didn’t mean to click that one at all. But many moons ago, I had a pair of AKG.

1 Like

Well… :rofl:

This is where earbuds come in. I wouldn’t, too. I’d only use over-ear headphones when I’m indoor and the air is sufficiently cool. I wouldn’t use them when I’m moving about outside. Besides, when I’m out working I don’t think it’s a good time to have my ears covered or plugged.

1 Like

I definitely agree I don’t really ever wear over the ear headphones outside, mostly just earbuds or some type of IEM