What to do this weekend? I know... listen to The Weeknd! 🔥

I’ve been on a bit of a :canada: Artist kick this week, and noticed this past weekend the Weeknd dropped a new album called Dawn FM.

Listening front to back, similar to Ruth B the other day, I must say his release is quite the piece of work (complete that is, and range of talent).

Purportedly, the album was written about his relationship with a famous Lara Croft actress… :thinking:. It features fellow Canadian Jim Carey as one of the narrators as well as Quincy Jones.

In listening to the album, my first reaction was wow, that’s a lot of synth and midi… drum pads and cool bass lines… reminds me a lot of pet shop boys and depeche mode from back in the day… oh those west end boys…

My favorite tracks at present are below and the spots link to the album is towards the end.

Gasoline

How do I Make You Love Me

Sacrifice

Is There Someone Else

If you listen, perhaps let me know if you notice him channeling his inner Michael Jackson and a thriller sample / back best / chord progression… I know where I think it is… lol…

I must say, I am impressed with his artistic vision and talent, unfortunate that he’s not well received by the industry…

Hope you have a listen in its entirety, and find some enjoyment within.

3 Likes

Appreciate the share

1 Like

Will give it a listen – thanks for the share!

1 Like

Not only listening to “The Weeknd” writing some posts on ANKER’s forum
“Weekend activity thread”. :laughing:

1 Like

Did not know he had a new album… probably hear a lot of them coming on the radio here soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the share. Had no time to listen it fully, but will do it.

2 Likes

“1-800-444-4444” – I can’t get that phone number out of my head!!!

2 Likes

Love this album, been listening to it since last week! The production is awesome! Really channelling all his 80s vibes with this one.

3 Likes

It is a really great album. The 80s sounding synths are particularly great while listening on L3P :wink:

1 Like

Not bad at all. Thanks for the share. :+1:

2 Likes