Who knows anything about this mysterious speaker?!

mAh is only one dimension of energy, there’s also voltage. Depends how the cells wired, e.g. 6700mAh 7.2V is double the energy of 6700mAh 3.6V.

If I had a teardown I could tell…

I’m aware of that @The_Professor. I have a degree in Electronic Engineering Technology. My point was battery capacity is listed @10000mAh hours for The Motion Boom, but only 6700mAh for The Select Pro at Amazon. I realize without the voltage there is no way to calculate Watt Hours. I’m assuming they are the same voltage since they are listing it as capacity for both. I do however realize assuming things can lead to problems. They really should list WH, but sadly they don’t.
Edit To clarify, voltage can be misleading as well because you could have 3 cells wired in parallel which would still be 3.6v. What we really need is amount of cells, mAh, and nominal voltage of each cell to figure out the WH.

Looks like another difference is that it connects party last. The Boom had TWS!! Doesn’t sound better so far

Motion Boom A3118 according to FCC is

https://fccid.io/2AOKB-A3118/Test-Report/A3118-FCC-Test-Report-BLE-4968559

But according to manual is

The Select Pro

https://fccid.io/2AOKB-A3126/Test-Report/A3126-FCC-Test-Report-BLE-5068311

Saying the same 7.2V, so if the mAh are correct, and the voltage the same then 6700 is 2/3rds the energy of 10000.

So personally I’d only trust a teardown as documentation is never as good as a screwdriver and a camera.

The specs are dodgy, I’d not put much weight onto any particular one until a teardown.

We don’t know what level of volume each is at for those times, “up to” could be at different volumes levels.

A review of actual battery life measured is required, until then, healthy skepticism of any claim or spec.

1 Like

I noticed that as well. I think TWS is more useful than Party Cast (I don’t own 100 of any speaker and iirc Party Cast connects them in Mono). I’m just not sure how much stock to put in the specs they listed since they said it weighs 1.1 lbs which obviously has to be wrong.

1 Like